diy solar

diy solar

DEYE 8KW not accepting power from generator

Super Fly

Hello all

Have a scenario for the gurus here. DEYE 8KW hybrid inverter connected to single phase 220V (L+N) grid with batteries. Everything works fine, no problem.
Customer added a generator. The generator is 220V split phase (L+N+L). The inverter sees the 220V coming from the generator, but will not accept it. The grid supply with single phase works without any problems.
The generator is FGWilson
Any ideas here as to how to get around this?

A common problem with split phase vs. native 220V is the N-G bond in the 220V system. In split phase, the N-G bond is on the N between the legs. If the two grounds are bonded, either nothing works, or something pops.

If the generator is in any way connected to system ground, it would have to be completely disconnected to function properly.

A common problem with split phase vs. native 220V is the N-G bond in the 220V system. In split phase, the N-G bond is on the N between the legs. If the two grounds are bonded, either nothing works, or something pops.

If the generator is in any way connected to system ground, it would have to be completely disconnected to function properly.
U have an issue 8 kw deye and i have a generator of 22kva but i wired into generator port and put how many i need to charge battery but the problem it keep on off like 2 seconds charging than 2 seconds not charging it s weird

Hello

Hello.
Yesterday I encountered the same problem when connecting the generator to my DEYE 8kW inverter single phase. The frequency of the generator was 53 HZ. after few seconds i heard something pops but the inverter still operating correctly. I am afraid to connect again the generator, I would like to ask you if the inverter got damaged after this pop. it's safe to use again the GEN port.?
also, the ground is connected between the grid, the load and the Gen Port. Maybe this is problem.
Thank you in advance.

Hello

Hello.
Yesterday I encountered the same problem when connecting the generator to my DEYE 8kW inverter single phase. The frequency of the generator was 53 HZ. after few seconds i heard something pops but the inverter still operating correctly. I am afraid to connect again the generator, I would like to ask you if the inverter got damaged after this pop. it's safe to use again the GEN port.?
also, the ground is connected between the grid, the load and the Gen Port. Maybe this is problem.
Thank you in advance.

My comments were about general challenges connection single phase 230V to split phase 120/240V.

I'd need a sketch or picture to make a guess at the issue.

If it's operating at ~50Hz and not 60Hz, I would expect it to be 230V single phase.

Hello

Hello.
Thank you in advance.
Is the grid disconnected when you try to use the generator? Have you configured the Deye to know that a generator is on the generator port?

Is the grid disconnected when you try to use the generator? Have you configured the Deye to know that a generator is on the generator port?
i disconnected the grid manually before trying to use the generator. i tick the generator input mode. after the pop the inverter continue to operate normally of course I disconnected the Generator.

Attachments

• IMG-20240509-WA0018.jpeg
    IMG-20240509-WA0018.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 3
My comments were about general challenges connection single phase 230V to split phase 120/240V.

I'd need a sketch or picture to make a guess at the issue.

If it's operating at ~50Hz and not 60Hz, I would expect it to be 230V single phase.
IMG-20240509-WA0027.jpeg
N.B in this photo the first wire on the right side (load port) is green- yellow it's a Phase and not ground. i use this color cause i don't have another color

Attachments

• IMG-20240509-WA0025.jpeg
    IMG-20240509-WA0025.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 3
Could be the missing ground. Could be there is something different between single and split phase that is preventing the deye from connecting. Could be bad power from the generator.

Chargeverter is the easy solution.

How big a generator?

my generator is 8 KW single phase. 235 V and it had 53HZ i regulate it to 51 HZ as the range in the inverter was between 47 and 51 HZ

Back