diy solar

diy solar

Deye Inverter supplier in US

Huh, small? A large majority of North America is the market.
Please provide links or brands of other 16Kw split phase.
SolArk only markets a 30 and a 60 in that range. Unless by split phase you’re meaning household single phase 240v and not true multi phase industrial 208v?

I have inquired they don't have stock, only Magerevo
If you want a Deye 8K, I know where you can order from China. About $2150 + shipping for the US split phase version, not sure about EU versions, but I think you can order larger ones in that market. Magerevos seem like a better value, larger and cheaper.

Edit: It appears the Deye 10K and 12K are now available too.

Last edited:
That's 120v/240v split-phase, in North America.
It’s still single phase though, it’s just split at the household level by transformers to have two hot split legs. Split phase is pretty much a misnomer, they’d be half phases because you’re only splitting one to begin with.
That's 3-phase, everywhere.
For transmission sure, and at the industrial (or similar) usage level. Coming from the street I only have two wires in a vertical configuration. The top is hot, the bottom isn’t. Not an 3 phase 208v supply-Only after it comes out of my transfer does it become a 3 conductor supply with two hot 120v legs and a neutral.

But 42OhmsPA is essentially correct, it’s all semantics.

It’s still single phase though,
Yes, split-phase is single phase.
Coming from the street I only have two wires in a vertical configuration.
I'm not sure where you are located.
It's different in North America. The utility only provides 208v in a 3-phase configuration. For a standard residential service. The utility provides split-phase to the house. We don't need our own transformer.

Yes, split-phase is single phase.

I'm not sure where you are located.
It's different in North America. The utility only provides 208v in a 3-phase configuration. For a standard residential service. The utility provides split-phase to the house. We don't need our own transformer.
I’m in the US. Perhaps it’s different in urban settings or with different utilities, but this is my 2 wire (single hot) feed from the road and my transformer on my property that only feeds my home 200a service. This is not a 3 phase 208v service because it only carries 2 lines from the circuit on the road. The is no transformer at the road on the pole where my feed breaks off from the main circuit, again-2 lines, top hot only. Neighbors both sides are the exact same. Single family homes, 200a service, each have transformers between the drop and the main circuit.

Attachments

• IMG_0997.jpeg
    IMG_0997.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I’m in the US. Perhaps it’s different in urban settings or with different utilities, but this is my 2 wire (single hot) feed from the road and my transformer on my property that only feeds my home 200a service. This is not a 3 phase 208v service because it only carries 2 lines from the circuit on the road. The is no transformer at the road on the pole where my feed breaks off from the main circuit, again-2 lines, top hot only. Neighbors both sides are the exact same. Single family homes, 200a service, each have transformers between the drop and the main circuit.
Now I see where the confusion is.
That's not your transformer or wires. It belongs to the utility.
Those wires are not carrying 208v. It's around 6,500 volts.
It's one leg and neutral of a 15kv 3-phase utility circuit.
Your drop is from the utility transformer to the service on your house.
Which is 120v/240v split-phase.
Hopefully this clears things up for you.

Now I see where the confusion is.
That's not your transformer or wires. It belongs to the utility.
I said ‘my’ as in that which services me, not in the possessive sense.
Those wires are not carrying 208v. It's around 6,500 volts.

I said they were not 208v.
It's one leg and neutral of a 15kv 3-phase utility circuit.

There is only one phase at the road, 2 wires, single hot and a neutral as I said. The road circuit is not 3leg-3 phase at the point it feeds my home or the remainder of the street. It is 2 line for more than a mile-I am the second to last service on the line.
Your drop is from the utility transformer to the service on your house.
Which is 120v/240v split-phase.
I concur, and have said as much.

Hopefully this clears things up for you.
Yes, but also no. My local system appears to be different than what you are describing-and that’s ok.

There is only one phase at the road, 2 wires, single hot and a neutral as I said. The road circuit is not 3leg-3 phase at the point it feeds my home or the remainder of the street. It is 2 line for more than a mile-I am the second to last service on the line.
It's still 1 leg and neutral of a 3-phase grid circuit.
There's no reason to bring all 3 legs down your street. If there are no 3-phase services to feed. A second leg will go down the next street. And a third leg will go down a third street. So that the 3-phase grid circuit remains reasonably balanced.
My local system appears to be different than what you are describing-and that’s ok.
It's the same.

It's still 1 leg and neutral of a 3-phase grid circuit.
There's no reason to bring all 3 legs down your street. If there are no 3-phase services to feed. A second leg will go down the next street. And a third leg will go down a third street. So that the 3-phase grid circuit remains reasonably balanced.

This is additional detail and clarity that you did not include previously. I’m not trying to be argumentative or contradictory-I simply know what is at my road and what comes onto my property it did not match the description of what you were saying it ‘should be’.

With this additional clarification and detail as to how exactly the system is split down to the rural residential level I can see how it lines up with what you describe.
It's the same.
With the addition of your further details, sure.

This is additional detail and clarity that you did not include previously. I’m not trying to be argumentative or contradictory-I simply know what is at my road and what comes onto my property it did not match the description of what you were saying it ‘should be’.

With this additional clarification and detail as to how exactly the system is split down to the rural residential level I can see how it lines up with what you describe.

With the addition of your further details, sure.
I didn't take it as argumentative.
Just a conversation.

Back