diy solar

diy solar

Deye (Sunsynk) SUN-12K-SG04LP3-EU Modbus and emergency stop

VaZso8

Hi,

I have a 12 kW Deye inverter installed which basically works but it is still not in the final form of installation.
The network of the house is already mostly prepared to work as an off-grid system but I would like to also install an emergency stop button in main distribution box.
First I thought there is a solution using it's DRM function but later it has revealed I was reading a manual made for -AU version and this one does not have an option suitable for this purpose.

It seems this (-EU) version does not have a solution for emergency shutdown as per Deye's one-sentence reply was told.
I don't really have good idea for making this possible easily and securely but I feel the lack of this function is a serious security issue as every electrical circuits should have been switched off in main electrical box as per how I think in case of an emergency like fire or other issues.

May you have any ideas for this function to work?

I also would like to communicate with this inverter using RS485/Modbus connection.
Support has sent me a PDF protocol description and I could communicate with the inverter using connector named "Modebus".
Protocol description has an address register (001) which has a range of 1 to 247 what is correct, but this register is read-only.
Unfortunately, it seems it has hard-wired to address 1.

Sometimes it is trickier to modify such addresses, however, it is a very bad design decision to program it to a fixed address.
I don't know if it is related to other parts of the system (like internal HMI or data logger) but if not, it should has been modifiable somehow.

Support has not told anything about this, except sent the protocol description which does not mention anything about it.

Do somebody know if there is a way to modify it?

Anyway, I was trying to reach Deye but found out:
- In most cases, they don't even want to reply at all
- If they ever reply, usually only one sentence and not really want to help further

My installation is halted several weeks ago mostly because I was struggling with Deye support, I have not even received a reply in the first few weeks.

I am writing here in the hope this forum may have users experienced in Deye's own world a bit deeper and also hope for a better communication than with practically non-existent official support...

Any help or any ideas are very welcome.
Thank you your help in advance.

If there is no internal solution, then, for emergency shutdown, I may need an appropriate 4P contactor with self-holding activated at the inverter, probably a relay (because of lower driving current) what's NO connection wired in to the loop of self-holding circuit.

...then relay should be powered through NC emergency stop button, then contactor can be activated by pushing a start button at inverter.
This will work till the inverter is in operation and emergency button does not pushed and even remains in shutdown state if (locking-type) emergency button is unlocked again, until contactor is restarted at inverter.

So maybe it is the best workaround I can currently think of but it is hard to believe there is no internal solution for this function.

As of Modbus address, I really hate devices not allowing to change their default address.
RS485 address 1 is currently in use by my current system and although I can modify that and also I have a virtual address in my logging system, it would destruct the original numbering scheme of the system not speaking about a potential another dumb device which does not allow to use another address.
Unchangeable Modbus address is really a bad idea - I hope there is a correct solution for that.

I‘ll buy this same model too. Got a question for the owners.
If I want to check the unit before installing, will just connected the 48v battery is enough to boot the machine?
Thank you.

I have tried. Send 0 to Modbus register 80 will turn off the inverter. However, it will beep and generate an F19 error.
Wonder if there is a way to remotely turn off it? Maybe in Solarman business edition?

Back