diy solar

diy solar

Did I fry my SmartSolar charger?

Treva31

I have a Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100/30.
Charging a 12v Lithium from a single panel.

It used to work fine, then it looks like there was a high voltage on the PV (75.45v) and the battery (36.42v).
This might have been my fault when I was doing some rewiring and maybe connecting things in the wrong order or something.

Luckily I also have a spare SmartSolar75/10 which still charges the battery just fine, so the panel and the battery are ok.

But when I try my 100/30 it won't charge.
It shows the battery voltage and the PV voltage, but no current ever flows to the battery.

I am using the same battery settings when trying both chargers.
And using all the same cables, just swapping out the charger.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Big-Not Charging.png
    Big-Not Charging.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Big-History High Voltage.png
    Big-History High Voltage.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Big-Battery Settings.png
    Big-Battery Settings.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Small Charging.png
    Small Charging.png
    106.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Small-Battery Settings.png
    Small-Battery Settings.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 6
Doesn't look good. Have you tried setting it back to defaults? Maybe it's settings got jacked up and just aren't working correctly.

Go to the gear in the top right when you are connected to it, then to the ... , then reset to defaults.

Doesn't look good. Have you tried setting it back to defaults? Maybe it's settings got jacked up and just aren't working correctly.

Go to the gear in the top right when you are connected to it, then to the ... , then reset to defaults.
Yes i tried that.

With the 100/30, If you checked the current and it’s on, reset the factory defaults and it doesn’t work, but you put a 75/10 on and it works, then sounds as if your 100/30 is bad.

The internal fuse could be bad and you could return to Victron for repair. There are videos on YouTube about cutting the controller open to replace the fuse.

Back