diy solar

diy solar

Did I get scammed for $3100? Vpment 12v 200ah batteries a scam? They only weigh 34lbs.

Did they ship to you in boxes with the proper labels? I'd think you would just repack them back into the same boxes.

But, yes they should send you prepaid labels, ready to go, just drop them off.

Shipping the cells is a tricky area. There are requirements, but if you pack them back the same, it seems like that would meet he requirements.

Did they ship to you in boxes with the proper labels?

No, just plain brown boxes with no indication there are hazardous materials inside or lithium batteries inside.

They seem to be packaging them ok though aside from not having proper labeling, double boxed with foam packing all around them.

Last edited:
Is th conversation still in the eBay system? If so, I'd request that they provide pre-paid shipping labels with the proper hazmat labels. This is on them and eBay should be able to understand that.

Is th conversation still in the eBay system? If so, I'd request that they provide pre-paid shipping labels with the proper hazmat labels. This is on them and eBay should be able to understand that.
Yes my conversation with the seller is in ebay messaging, ebay can see what the issue is.

I told the seller:

"
Ok, I will have to do the return. I really don't want them at this point anyway. After reading the pdf below to see if I could ship them it says there may be safety issues with counterfeit lithium batteries and I think that is what we are dealing with here.

Because of that, I think I need you or the company that shipped them to send me prepaid labels and the proper hazardous materials labels and arrange the pickup, I am not authorized to ship hazardous materials and lithium batteries of this size are hazardous materials. They require special training and hazardous materials labels to ship according to:

I need you or the company that sent them to send me labels and arrange pickup, otherwise it seems I would be breaking the law and I would be exposing myself to legal liability.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I just can not expose myself to legal liability if there is an issue.

Please send prepaid labels not the money to ship them, so that you are the ones arranging shipment and it's not me who will be liable. You can generate the labels on fedex online just as easily as I could.

You have my address, xxx xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to arrange pickup, and you have the address you want them shipped to xxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. The specs are 8 boxes 14x14x24 at 39lbs each. Please arrange pickup at my address by fedex when you create the labels.
"

Hi oregonsun, I have been there and got the "T" Shirt. from start to finish mine was a 6 month headache, the price you paid is similar to the $196 that I paid for a single 100ah battery that turned out to be a 50ah battery, like you it was the weight of the battery that started the alarm bells ringing, why these scammers even bother is beyond me, apart from the fact that some folk have no idea what is inside the battery that they have bought, although I think that most buyers do have some idea, lucky for me I ended up with a full refund and got to keep the 50ah battery for free, so hopefully you can get the same outcome, have a look at my post "Ripped Off" I even did a short video on the fiasco to help prevent others buying from the same seller as I did, although the seller has recently change the brand name and logo for the scam batteries they currently sell.

Back