diy solar

diy solar

Did this really stupid stuff for the experiment and science.

AbdulSubhan

Not related to solar but electrical science, So my area was going through scheduled maintenance and the power supply was off, I took my AC multimeter plugged one wire into a wall socket and held the other lead in my bare hand with bare foot touching the ground and got the reading of 4.3 volts.

Do you know what those 4.3 volts were telling?

Depends, neutral is not always at ground potential. You could be measuring some radio frequency or noise. You can often measure that much voltage at the electric pole ground lead coming down to earth that way.

Not related to solar but electrical science, So my area was going through scheduled maintenance and the power supply was off, I took my AC multimeter plugged one wire into a wall socket and held the other lead in my bare hand with bare foot touching the ground and got the reading of 4.3 volts.

Do you know what those 4.3 volts were telling?
You connected Neutral or Live ?

You aren't trying to elecit a response from us safety freaks right? Glad you're still around to tell the tale - I wouldn't advise trying this on purpose.

On a more serious note, yes, could be noise. Some voltmeters like my Fluke have a "LO-Z" voltage option (most meters put like 20meg or so as their load) for reading voltages across long lines that may be showing errant readings from noise in the normal position.

You aren't trying to elecit a response from us safety freaks right? Glad you're still around to tell the tale - I wouldn't advise trying this on purpose.

On a more serious note, yes, could be noise. Some voltmeters like my Fluke have a "LO-Z" voltage option (most meters put like 20meg or so as their load) for reading voltages across long lines that may be showing errant readings from noise in the normal position.
OP hasn't been around for about a month. I wonder if the test was performed again, with :eek: different results.

Back