diy solar

diy solar

Different batteries in the same system ? HELP

AJ's Homestead

Hello, I apologize if this has been spoken of before I did a quick search and did not see.
Question for you guys.
I am running 2 eg4 6500ex inverters and a rack of the eg4-ll batteries.
I am running 100% off grid running a homestead. 2.5ton ac/well/water heater/dryer/and full house.
We have been running for about 2 and a half months so far so good besides some issues with the 6500ex (2 warranty).
I have been thinking of getting some more batteries when I saw the new eg4 power pro I thought that was my solution for the next battery, however after speaking with Signature solar I was told that I should not mix the power pro with my eg4-ll. The person I spoke with did not know themselves but asked a tech.
I see that Will sometimes has different brands running together. Am I incorrect ? does he have each different brand of battery on a separate system or does it just work however it will cut life expectancy from one of the packs.
Please let me know what I am missing.
Thank you,
AJ

As long as they are the same chemistry, and cell count. They will work fine together.
The problem comes if you want to use closed loop communications. Between the BMS's and AIO's.
And Signature Solar would prefer that you use it. So, they will always frown on mixing batteries.

As long as they are the same chemistry, and cell count. They will work fine together.
The problem comes if you want to use closed loop communications. Between the BMS's and AIO's.
And Signature Solar would prefer that you use it. So, they will always frown on mixing batteries.
Thank you, that makes sense.

Back