diy solar

diy solar

2 different inverts running in the same grid tie

nunoacfig

Hi, i have a goodwe operating a battery pack witch is working perfect, but i need more power, i also have the previous panels and previous inverter that are not running, but since i have my setup done where i cannot put any more panels, i could put more panels far from the home but to bring cables to connect a new goodwe in paralle with the other one is a mighty task, so my ideia is to connect the previous differennt brand inverter to the grid tie and just feed more power from it.
is it possible?

so my ideia is to connect the previous differennt brand inverter to the grid tie and just feed more power from it.
is it possible?
After reading that a number of times I’m not going to change my first answer of “no.”

If you want to run two inverters off the same battery bank- that is possible, but you simply can’t parallel the AC side without compatible units that can balance the sine wave unless you like fire and smoke.

But overall I can’t discern what you mean to do I your post. Your use of the term ’grid tie’ seems to be an atypical context.

Can you explain more?

i dont need them to be connect to the same battery bank, the main inverter is in the house operating with the batterys and their own pv array, the second array is 200 meters from the house in a different pv array, the only point in common is the Grid that i have 200 meters where i can feed the production from the inverter to the grid.

So you want to inject to the grid with two independent non-interacting inverters?

In that case they won’t know each other exists and should work fine barring ancillary details you haven’t revealed.

more or less, the goodwe inverter have the hability to prevent injection to the grid, the old one i cant prevent, the main question if if i can connect them to the same grid without having risk to damage one or another.

more or less, the goodwe inverter have the hability to prevent injection to the grid, the old one i cant prevent, the main question if if i can connect them to the same grid without having risk to damage one or another.
Because one unit adjusts phasing to match the grid, it is not going to “look” different than grid from the second injecting inverter.

The first ‘problem’ is here:
goodwe inverter have the hability to prevent injection to the grid, the old one i cant prevent
…because will one of the inverters ‘see’ the other inverter’s output with a grid-down scenario and therefore NOT shutdown properly to ensure that the grid is not live when line workers or your neighbor expect grid to be otherwise dead.
I should have qualified that before. Ancillary details.

Because one unit adjusts phasing to match the grid, it is not going to “look” different than grid from the second injecting inverter.

The first ‘problem’ is here:

…because will one of the inverters ‘see’ the other inverter’s output with a grid-down scenario and therefore NOT shutdown properly to ensure that the grid is not live when line workers or your neighbor expect grid to be otherwise dead.
I should have qualified that before. Ancillary details.is
My POCO approved 2 separate grid tie inverters. each feeding into main panels on opposite sides of a 400a meter base.
they both do shut down with loss of the grid.
using this same setup right now

My POCO approved 2 separate grid tie inverters. each feeding into main panels on opposite sides of a 400a meter base.
they both do shut down with loss of the grid.
using this same setup right now
Yes, but for the poster that stated:
more or less, the goodwe inverter have the hability to prevent injection to the grid, the old one i cant prevent
…has undefined potentials.
Therefore for that situation, I see the potential issue for at least three negative outcomes. It may be ‘hidden’ behind another automatic disconnect but ‘we’ don’t know from the information provided.

Therefore for nunoacfig there is reason for the mention after that posting imho.

Back