diy solar

diy solar

Different size panels in Parallel

tektrader

I am looking at a system of SUNMAN Earc flex panels on our RV and have to use a range of sizes to fit the roof spaces available.

Is the VOC or the VMP the most relevant spec to match with each panel so they can co-exist? They appear to be consistent with each other in any case.

I expect the actual cells are the same, just the number and configuration being different.

I am looking at a system of SUNMAN Earc flex panels on our RV and have to use a range of sizes to fit the roof spaces available.

Is the VOC or the VMP the most relevant spec to match with each panel so they can co-exist? They appear to be consistent with each other in any case.

Both.

Vmp and Voc should be very similar for panels in parallel, say ±5%

For panels in series, all panels in the string will operated at the Isc of the LOWEST panel. Series Isc should be as close as possible.

Thanks for confirming.... The 430w panel has a VOC of 50v and a VMP of 42v... The 100w panels have a VOC of 25v and a VMP of 21v. I will series connect the 100W panels and put them in parallel with the 430w..... Should be just fine....?

Back