diy solar

diy solar

DIY BATTERY HEATING SYSTEM...Update

Rbertalotto

Solar Enthusiast
A while ago I posted about my DIY Lithium Battery Heating system. So far, with temperatures at night reaching into the 20s (F), it has been working great. The batteries in the trailer have BMS with Bluetooth and it records the batteries average internal temperature. Staying around 40 degrees day and night. I wanted to know how often during the night the heating pad turned on. I installed a small LED on the outside of the trailer that illuminates when the heater is on. My "RING" camera security system records through the day and night and I can go back and review the video with a time stamp. I can see the light turning on and off. Last night it got down to 20F. The battery heater turned on for 7 minutes every hour +/-.....200ah batteries this morning are at 93%.....I'm very pleased with this performance... http://rvbprecision.com/rv-projects/lithium-battery-heating-project.html39902B88-E02F-4966-8FB0-4771224DA863.jpeg

Very cool design! Thanks for sharing

I want to do something similar for my well pressure tank, since in the winter at night, it can drop the water so low that the delta T rise (+75F) is too great for my tankless water heater. I am looking for a heater blanket with thermostat I can wrap around it with an insulated sleeve.

I just love simple low-tech solutions - brilliant (literally) (y)

Reactions: JGF
closer up pics would be cool. also, I just did an artic insulation cover for mine. meaning the battery has heaters but being the temps inside my enclosed trailer reach 10 to 15F right now the heaters are not turning off all night. So I used a canvas cover and the shipping foam pads the battery shipped with

Attachments

• 20221214_154652.jpg
    20221214_154652.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 16
A while ago I posted about my DIY Lithium Battery Heating system. So far, with temperatures at night reaching into the 20s (F), it has been working great. The batteries in the trailer have BMS with Bluetooth and it records the batteries average internal temperature. Staying around 40 degrees day and night. I wanted to know how often during the night the heating pad turned on. I installed a small LED on the outside of the trailer that illuminates when the heater is on. My "RING" camera security system records through the day and night and I can go back and review the video with a time stamp. I can see the light turning on and off. Last night it got down to 20F. The battery heater turned on for 7 minutes every hour +/-.....200ah batteries this morning are at 93%.....I'm very pleased with this performance... http://rvbprecision.com/rv-projects/lithium-battery-heating-project.htmlView attachment 124442
Nice job...impressive, great solution.

I think I remember you from Saubier days years ago?

Back