diy solar

diy solar

DIY Small 48V vs 24V System

PaulLad

I've watched @Will Prowse 's DIY 24V system from scratch but all of the 48V systems are using all in one setups. The main reason I want to do a 48V system is I already have the gen for charging the 48V configuration with a chargeverter. Is there any difference in the design of a DIY 48V system from scratch vs 24V system (other than needing 48v components) ? All the vids I see are people are using breaker panels. But those are on big systems. My system is only going to be 1000W panels and a 5kwh battery. Thanks!

Last edited:
Higher input voltage means a smaller transformer for the same output power. SHOULD BE less cost, but frequently not !

I've watched @Will Prowse 's DIY 24V system from scratch but all of the 48V systems are using all in one setups. The main reason I want to do a 48V system is I already have the gen for charging the 48V configuration with a chargeverter. Is there any difference in the design of a DIY 48V system from scratch vs 24V system (other than needing 48v components) ? All the vids I see are people are using breaker panels. But those are on big systems. My system is only going to be 1000W panels and a 5kwh battery. Thanks!
I single Lifepower4 shouldn't be charged above 30-50 amps.

SS sells a 18 amp 48v charger that would work fine.

Back