diy solar

diy solar

Do Ecoflows and others stay on 24/7?

justinm001

Solar Addict
Working to finish my cargo trailer build once it warms up. Could I plug in 1000w+ of solar into the ecoflow then use it's 12v output to a DC-DC converter and keep my trailer battery topped off, along with leaving the outlets on all the time?

Say if I want to leave it running for months untouched?

I figure this would be the best option as it'll be portable and I can use it for other things. I have a few smaller jackerys and others but they all seem to turn off.

Working to finish my cargo trailer build once it warms up. Could I plug in 1000w+ of solar into the ecoflow then use it's 12v output to a DC-DC converter and keep my trailer battery topped off, along with leaving the outlets on all the time?

Say if I want to leave it running for months untouched?

I figure this would be the best option as it'll be portable and I can use it for other things. I have a few smaller jackerys and others but they all seem to turn off.
Yes, depending on the model you can set it to have the AC output always on, and the unit always on. If you just need DC you can turn off the AC inverter to save some power, just have the unit set to never auto turn off based on time. Even if it's powered "off" via long press of power button, it will turn on once it sees solar input.

What about the 12v cigarette output though? My concern is leaving the lights on inside and draining the trailer battery. I'm wanting a set and forget solution. The idea is to keep my dewalt batteries on the charger and other things all ready to go inside the trailer so when I want to use something it's all ready to go everything 100% charged.

What about the 12v cigarette output though? My concern is leaving the lights on inside and draining the trailer battery. I'm wanting a set and forget solution. The idea is to keep my dewalt batteries on the charger and other things all ready to go inside the trailer so when I want to use something it's all ready to go everything 100% charged.
Hmm I don't think there's an always on option for DC. If you have internet access via the app you can control the on/off status of the DC output if for some reason it turns off.

There are a couple of ways to keep your starter battery topped off.
- Dedicate some solar and a controller to your starter battery
- Keep the 120 vac on from your power station and feed a 120 - 12 volt charger

- Keep the 120 vac on from your power station and feed a 120 - 12 volt charger
Good idea and I only need a few amps. Plus if I plug everything into a power strip then to a power station, if I ever take the power station out I can just run an extension cord from shore and it'll keep the trailer battery topped off.

Back