diy solar

diy solar

Do I need an additional fuse?

Atomic Ed

I am waiting on my Hawk model 170ah battery to come, but its on bo till 8-18 so just have to wait.
Anyway I have a MPP 2724 unit and the Hawk battery I ordered with a 175a anderson cable just like Will showed in his video.

I know the Hawk battery has a fuse built in as well as a power switch to turn the battery on or off, but do I still need an additional fuse between the unit and the battery or am I good to just hook the anderson cable directly from the battery to the 2424 unit?

I am waiting on my Hawk model 170ah battery to come, but its on bo till 8-18 so just have to wait.
Anyway I have a MPP 2724 unit and the Hawk battery I ordered with a 175a anderson cable just like Will showed in his video.

I know the Hawk battery has a fuse built in as well as a power switch to turn the battery on or off, but do I still need an additional fuse between the unit and the battery or am I good to just hook the anderson cable directly from the battery to the 2424 unit?

If you can confirm the fuse is high quality with a suitable AIC rating, then no need for an extra fuse. I'd like to think Big Batt at least tries to do it right, but they don't have the best rep around here.

diy solar

diy solar
Back