diy solar

diy solar

Do they make Power relay that shuts off when supply is reduced to 48v.

kayellynn

--My set up is: Four 48v strings of 12v 100ah batteries feed a 48v 4000 watt inverter.
--Inverter will not shut down until voltage is dropped to 42 volts. Auto transfer doesn't switch either.
--Batteries charge should not drop below 50% charge ---my setup draws batteries charge too low.

--Looking for power relay that shuts off power to inverter at when power from batteries drops to 48v.

--Is there such a relay that does this?

So you are looking for a low voltage cut out? How have you arranged the batteries so that they make 48 V strings? Are you using battery combiners or some kind of BMS across the entire 48 V string?

I have 4 strings. Each with 4 12v connected in series, thus 48v. Strings connect to lug bar and inverter also connect.
On each string I have a battery equalizer for 48v string. I can see voltage of all 16 batteries displayed on equalizers.

Instead of controlling the DC... consider using one of those relays to control a relay to switch the AC power.
Either control an independent transfer switch or switch power on to a charger to top up the battery.

48Vdc at close to 4000 watts is a lot of DC power to switch on the fly.

Back