diy solar

diy solar

Do you always cringe when you see your packages are shipped through FedEx?

I tip all of my "good" service providers.
They tend to go the extra mile, if they like to visit you.
As I live about 20 miles from anywhere in the remote mtn woods , I will let some of my drivers come out to my range and play with some 9mm or 308 stuff .. they love it… that’s probably all I should say here, BUT , you are correct… every driver likes my route…and if they punch in
” bathroom break” on their computer thing, ??? ….the can have 10 min of fun…most of them are just good guys , just trying to make it in a new and tough world…

One last story to tell and I'll quit. I'm enjoying the trip down memory lane :)

The first ups "rescue" I did was in my own yard. One day my son and I were outside working on something in the yard and we hear the ups truck coming up the driveway and by the sounds of it they are spinning tires a good bit. We can hear the motor revving and the tires spinning. My son is like "why all the spinning its not that bad today" and I told him it must be a new driver. That said the driveway there isn't the best in the world as the water table is pretty much right at the surface so the driveway was always loose or muddy to some extent no matter what.

Anyways the driver makes it to where the driveway opens up into a circle that goes around the house and slides to a halt and goes to backup and buries the rear end of the fully loaded ups truck into the muck that's off to one side of the yard.

She gets out and starts crying. This lady looks like she's 16 years old at the most but its because she's under 5 feet tall.

Turns out this is her first day on the job and she just knows she is going to get fired. I told her to calm down and for her to get whatever she is delivering from the truck while I get my truck to pull her out.

When I get back around the house and start hooking up to her truck she starts crying again. I'm like what's wrong now. Apparently she thought because of what I chose to pull her out with that I was either making fun of her or that she was doomed since there was no way an s10 blazer was going to pull her out.

I told her to calm down and to get back in the truck and that if the s10 didn't work I had larger trucks and even tractors I could get her out with. I told her to just sit in the truck and turn the wheel and to just put it in neutral.

The little s10 is posi and a perfect center of gravity plus killer tires so it wasn't a big deal pulling her out. I don't even think it spun any. I pulled her out the highway and when I got out of the truck and had disconnected the tow strap she leaped out of the ups truck (you had to of been there to fully appreciate the "leaped out" part with her being so short) and ran across to me and jumped into the air and wrapped around me like towel. She's hanging on the front of me yelling thank you thank you over and over again. My son is standing there with his mouth hanging open.

After she finally calmed down she kept telling me how I saved her job since she was determined they would fire her if she had of had to call the tow truck. I told her no problem and gave her my number to call if she got stuck again.

Which for her worked out well since about a year later she rolled a truck over on its side on a baaaad dirt road she had no business being on but dispatch forced her to use it. I was able to sit it back on its wheels with no damage using one of my larger trucks.

I imagine that's how word got out about me "rescuing" trucks which snowballed from there.

Reactions: JRH
Hi, Long time lurker, 1st post, I am waiting on an inverter via Fedex Home. from Milwaukee to Reno NV, it made it Sparks, NV on Thursday about 20 minutes from my house, the next day, it was in Phoenix. Typical Fedex.

Hi, Long time lurker, 1st post, I am waiting on an inverter via Fedex Home. from Milwaukee to Reno NV, it made it Sparks, NV on Thursday about 20 minutes from my house, the next day, it was in Phoenix. Typical Fedex.
Ive had that happen with usps a bunch. When I order from amazon it normally leaves a center in Georgia about 100 miles from where I am at in Alabama. Sometimes they get it to a spot 10 miles from the house and some idiot puts it on the wrong truck and presto it shows up in Mobile, Alabama which is almost 400 miles from my house and on the gulf coast. Then it has to travel back to that same center 10 miles from the house to then go to my house :(

I order a lot of things online and on one occasion I ordered several things from Walmart which uses FedEx. The order showed up almost a week late and the box was bashed up and re-taped closed. It was missing a couple of items but inside was also a bonus. It was an unopened box with a USPS shipping label. Out of curiosity I opened it and it contained front & rear brake pads for someones car/truck. First chance I got I dropped it off at the post office. How FedEx came into possession of it and why they put it in my box is a mystery that will live on for ages.
And don't get me started on the sweater I ordered for a Christmas Eve party 3 weeks before the party which they refused to deliverer to me before Christmas, which they finally delivered right after new Years.
Before that I called them and they told me it was at the distribution center and I ended calling them several more times trying to get them to put it on a truck and deliver it before the party but was told if I needed it bad enough I could come and pick it up but I was unwilling to make the 80 mile trip. Instead I went to Walmart and bought the same sweater in time for the party. In the end it sat in their distribution center for over 3 weeks.

Here is a vid of different delivery drivers getting into it. Pay attention to the fedex guy at 0.58:

I order a lot of things online and on one occasion I ordered several things from Walmart which uses FedEx. The order showed up almost a week late and the box was bashed up and re-taped closed. It was missing a couple of items but inside was also a bonus. It was an unopened box with a USPS shipping label. Out of curiosity I opened it and it contained front & rear brake pads for someones car/truck. First chance I got I dropped it off at the post office. How FedEx came into possession of it and why they put it in my box is a mystery that will live on for ages.
And don't get me started on the sweater I ordered for a Christmas Eve party 3 weeks before the party which they refused to deliverer to me before Christmas, which they finally delivered right after new Years.
Before that I called them and they told me it was at the distribution center and I ended calling them several more times trying to get them to put it on a truck and deliver it before the party but was told if I needed it bad enough I could come and pick it up but I was unwilling to make the 80 mile trip. Instead I went to Walmart and bought the same sweater in time for the party. In the end it sat in their distribution center for over 3 weeks.
I have been nothing but baffled when ordering anything from Walmart… I just go in the Walmart store and buy it and leave or ……..I just order it from Amazon…you can love Bezos or hate him but he is far ahead of everyone else ,or so it seems to me…

PS … I remember a kindler gentler time when doing commerce…life was more fun then…

I have been nothing but baffled when ordering anything from Walmart… I just go in the Walmart store and buy it and leave or ……..I just order it from Amazon…you can love Bezos or hate him but he is far ahead of everyone else ,or so it seems to me…

PS … I remember a kindler gentler time when doing commerce…life was more fun then…
Doesn't Amazon only have a 30 day return window? I know Walmart has a 90 day.

Doesn't Amazon only have a 30 day return window? I know Walmart has a 90 day.
one Should generally know well within 30 days If what they got was wrong, broken or not right for some reason……but then maybe I’m more on top of my spent money than most… I don’t need 90 days to know I have received the wrong buss bar…or fuse….
but , jus sayin , maybe that’s just me..

Sparks, NV? Wonder if there is bad juju there, that's where UPS sat on my package last week.

one Should generally know well within 30 days If what they got was wrong, broken or not right for some reason……but then maybe I’m more on top of my spent money than most… I don’t need 90 days to know I have received the wrong buss bar…or fuse….
but , jus sayin , maybe that’s just me..

I was referring to it more along the lines of warranty issues. I've read enough feedback's where just after the Amazon return window the product fails and the customer can't get the product repaired or replaced even though it is supposed to have a warranty beyond the 30 days.
I'm not saying it never happens at Walmart but at least there's another 60 days to find out if the item is going to last.

I've had more issues with amazon deliveries than FedEx or UPS, so much so that I didn't renew my prime membership.
1 FedEx issue many winters ago that they literally slid a heavy mobile shelving unit (warehouse deal ??) in the middle of my snow covered driveway, fortunately I saw it pulling in before it was completely snow covered. In the drivers defense the roads were shit and I'm sure they were having a terrible day, no excuse to be negligent with someone else's items you are being paid to handle.
UPS driver is awesome, was genuinely interested in my batteries when I ordered 32 cells over a few months.
I wasn't home when FedEx delivered my inverter but it was placed carefully next to the garage door. All my FedEx orders from Sam's Club arrive fast and are left near the side door.
My experience in Rural PA has been UPS 1st, FedEx / USPS tied close behind in 2nd.

I refuse to order from walmart anymore. The last few times they have either pulled a fast one at the moment of shipping setting it to be store picked up when I specified shipping to holding the item ransom for 4 days to try to get me to pick it up (actually shows they are holding it to make me come get it) before actually shipping it.

That last one was the final straw. I still order from samsclub for crackers and my wifes drinks but no more walmart EVER.

Reactions: JRH
I live in rural South Carolina and have another story from a few years ago during a major hurricane that came through. It was early afternoon and had been raining heavily since the wee hours of the morning and the power had also gone out early that morning. Every now and then I would step outside my front door and look at the carnage and wouldn't bother locking my door when I came back in. I live at the end of a dirt road and didn't expect anybody to be coming down my road anytime soon.
Because of the storm I didn't hear anybody pull up but I did hear somebody saying "hello hello" from the living room (I was in the back bedroom) So I grabbed my 22 pistol and headed for the living room and with my gun in hand I poked my head around the corner and ask who he was and what he was doing in my house. (And yes it was a FedEx delivery guy risking his life coming into someones house to deliver some packages) The kicker was that the packages weren't even for me but were for my neighbor up the road from me.

I was referring to it more along the lines of warranty issues. I've read enough feedback's where just after the Amazon return window the product fails and the customer can't get the product repaired or replaced even though it is supposed to have a warranty beyond the 30 days.
I'm not saying it never happens at Walmart but at least there's another 60 days to find out if the item is going to last.
With top tier stuff That has been 1 year for me ….3 years for me ….and 8 years for me… there is no totally safe bet…your always on the hook to some extent with most things… I only know of a few things that gave ya a lifetime warranty ... my mom was one of those..but she’s gone now… so I’m on my own…..

I refuse to order from walmart anymore. The last few times they have either pulled a fast one at the moment of shipping setting it to be store picked up when I specified shipping to holding the item ransom for 4 days to try to get me to pick it up (actually shows they are holding it to make me come get it) before actually shipping it.

That last one was the final straw. I still order from samsclub for crackers and my wifes drinks but no more walmart EVER.

I actually preferred to order from Walmart and pick it up from the store when I did my weekly grocery shopping there. But you can't do that anymore. You can order stuff online and they will bring it out to the car, but the problem with that it there's always something that was out of stock so you wouldn't get it. Except 9 out of 10 time if you went into the store the out of stock items would be on the shelf.

I actually preferred to order from Walmart and pick it up from the store when I did my weekly grocery shopping there. But you can't do that anymore. You can order stuff online and they will bring it out to the car, but the problem with that it there's always something that was out of stock so you wouldn't get it. Except 9 out of 10 time if you went into the store the out of stock items would be on the shelf.
The problem I have with it is we don't HAVE a Walmart in the county.

To order from Walmart you have to pick a store as your "home" store. We don't have a home store in the county. So making me have to pick it up is not so convenient for us.

I could see it being a cool idea if we actually had a local Walmart though.

To order from Walmart you have to pick a store as your "home" store. We don't have a home store in the county. So making me have to pick it up is not so convenient for us.

I also live in the country, but since I have to go grocery shopping and Walmart happens to be the closest place to do that that's where I go. There also does happen to be a regular grocery store in the town but it's a lot more expensive and has less stuff so I rarely shop there.
There's also a dollar tree ($1.25 tree) next to Walmart and I buy a few items there also.

I also live in the country, but since I have to go grocery shopping and Walmart happens to be the closest place to do that that's where I go. There also does happen to be a regular grocery store in the town but it's a lot more expensive and has less stuff so I rarely shop there.
There's also a dollar tree ($1.25 tree) next to Walmart and I buy a few items there also.
We did that with the same scenario about 30 years ago. I don't get out much anymore. I think its been 3 years or more since I left the county :)

Yea I tried that… haaa drove 20 miles one way ,to the nearest Walmart went to pick it up and no one could figure out which lock box it was in…after figuring it out with several different managers, (team leaders) …it was the wrong product so I had to go get the right one off the shelf , then go to customer service return area ,get a refund to my card ,then go get in line and pay for the new item… took like 30 min…I could have just walked in and bought it in 5 min…

I think I will just order from Jeff, wait on the Prime Delivery guys to show up, give me my box and tell each other “jokes” for a few minutes …

I know when it's your stuff that the numbers don't mean squat but these folks loose/damage < .5% of the boxes they handle.
I got 30 panels from Santan recently via Fedex and these things looked pristine and a day early to boot. Also you hear horror stories but no one
bothers to tell them "good job". I had one of my customers ask if they could return some equipment via USPS which is normally a no-no but he's
a good customer so I said what the hell. Remember Murphy... The production assistant he delegated the task to was a dyslexic twit and sent it to
the wrong PO box. After about 10 days I was getting ready to charge them for the missing equipment when low and behold it shows up in my box.
You could see where USPS had marked out the wrong address and penciled in the correct. I went and stood in line and told the lady thanks and
what a good job they were doing, I thought she was gonna cry. She said they never hear anything but complaints.
Y'all get ready, I think UPS is going strike this summer. Issues like forced OT and subcontracting are getting old.

My story is getting better by the hour. I’m going to withhold this for a while because I’m curious to see how this all turns out and I don’t want cause undue reputation damage if some wasn’t their fault and how they rectify what is. I know how “stuff” happens in business but how do they handle it can make it a non issue or scorched earth.

diy solar

diy solar
Back