diy solar

diy solar

Does anyone know where is sph 3000-6000 TL BL-UP RS232 or VPP port connection?

Chia Chun

Does anyone know where is sph 3000-6000 TL BL-UP RS232 or VPP port connection? This model is equipped with a stand alone VPP port, but I couldn't use it to connect to solar assistant. And I tried RS485-2 and used either pin 1/5 or 4/5 combination, but still got no response. the ports layout is quite different than old models. Does anyone recognise what these ports are? or how to make solar assistant work on this new model?

Attachments

• IMG_6986.jpg
    IMG_6986.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 9
Where are you plus and minus cables? The older inverter has a rectangular cover over all the ports and the battery terminals on the bottom right hand side of the inverter

Does anyone know where is sph 3000-6000 TL BL-UP RS232 or VPP port connection? This model is equipped with a stand alone VPP port, but I couldn't use it to connect to solar assistant. And I tried RS485-2 and used either pin 1/5 or 4/5 combination, but still got no response. the ports layout is quite different than old models. Does anyone recognise what these ports are? or how to make solar assistant work on this new model?
Hi, I use Solar Assistant plugged in to the VPP RJ45 port on my SPH6000BL-UP. I wired it for the RS485 port as per the instructions on the SA website. I tried it today in the VPP port and and works exactly the same. What type of cable and RS485 adapter are you using?

Hi, I use Solar Assistant plugged in to the VPP RJ45 port on my SPH6000BL-UP. I wired it for the RS485 port as per the instructions on the SA website. I tried it today in the VPP port and and works exactly the same. What type of cable and RS485 adapter are you using?
Hi, Ive got a SPH3600

Silly question but did you order a specific RS486 cable or simply cut a USB cable, this is the part im confusing myself with -

Did you get this sorted? I have the same model and was going to try connecting to those two ports today

Never mind, its under the metal panel that says 7 Pins and 2 Pins. You have to unscrew to access the VPP port

Back