diy solar

diy solar

Double check my 2P16S wiring plan

learntorv

I'm finally to the point where I'm ready to combine my 32 cells into a single 48v pack. I'm going to wire them up as every 2 in parallel and then each parallel set in series for 2S16P.

My space is a bit awkwardly laid out, so I'll have a row of 10 cells, 3 rows of 4 cells, and then another row of 10 cells.

Can someone check this "wiring" diagram to ensure I'm not criss-crossing a positive and negative somewhere?

(Yes, I know the design decision is controversial, I really don't care to debate this vs. 16S2P + 2 BMSs.)

1663016650463.png

Last edited:
Is there a reason you couldn't swap A13/B13 with A14/B14

No reason at all. I'll see which works best from a cable management perspective since the cables are all going to be 2/0. Going around tight corners will be a real pain in the butt. The longer cable might actually work a little better because I should have a little more flexibility.

I did realize (well, it was pointed out in a FB group) I had issues with my + / - system connection cables with where they were coming off, though.

1663021733407.png

Here's what I think I'm going to go with. It should give me the shortest possible wires between the different sets of cells.

Attachments

• Battery Cell Layout-Version 3.drawio.png
    Battery Cell Layout-Version 3.drawio.png
    106.2 KB · Views: 14
Back