diy solar

diy solar

Ecoflow Delta 2 charging hack problem

This video helped me understand the cables better. It will also show you how to determine middle pin polarity.

@RobRobRob If you are getting 500w thru your xt60i cable it is likely the correct cable for solar. The xt60 only allows 8 amps or about 100w. Using the included cigarette lighter cord would likely verify the difference in charge rates for you.

Ive had my delta 2 for a couple of days so still new to it myself. I’m not certain on the other models but there is a software side that might have settings you need to switch. For example is the “quiet charge” feature enabled? That might be causing it to charge at a lower rate to reduce fan noise. Possibly the optimized battery setting telling it to charge slower for better battery lifespan?
That explains it nicely and the logic behind it. The ElfCulb and Ecoflow brands of the XT60i solar cables both worked with my Delta 2 to maximize the solar input. I suppose if one solders their own XT60i connectors with the middle pin shorted to negative, that would work as well.

Confirming the zkee 10awg 20ft works as well.

Was getting 171w input from 200w of panels. It kept both my danby fridge and midea freezer going thru a recent storm power outage scenario for a few days on a portable ground deployment setup. During a heatwave!

Update, I have finally got my remaining Delta pro charging at 1600 watts, at least for now. I reconfigured my panels to bring in 126 volts and that seems to have been what is needed. I'm blowing a squirrel cage fan into the air intake for extra cooling. So far it has only errored out and needed to be restarted once in the past hour I've been charging. Hopefully this lasts.

diy solar

diy solar
Back