diy solar

diy solar

Ecoflow Delta Pro Buy it of Forget it?

It's a decent self contained solution when combined with a manual transfer switch that doesn't typically require inspections and is very DIY friendly with good customer service and warranty. That being said, they are expensive compared to a DIY solution. It might be more helpful to what you mean by "home back up"?? Critical loads or whole home? Do you plan to add solar? What's your budget?

I have the smaller Delta Max, which I bought for the same purpose. It's already been RMAd once. I wish I had built a DYI solution instead. Having said that, it does work as long as it works.

I have had my Delta Pro for months and it runs my "emergency" circuits at my home 24/7 charging off solar, saving me a few nickels in electricity and stays on during a power outage. The only time I have had a serious issue with it was my own fault and customer service replaced the Delta Pro quickly. The few other times I have contacted customer service they are always helpful and have gone out of the way to make me satisfied.

At full price they are expensive, but they do have many deals and even sell refurbished units, which is probably due to home many people ruin them due to their own stupidity. My original refurbished unit and the replacement I received had very few cycles on the battery as per data from Home Assistant and has performed very well.

I have had my Delta Pro for months and it runs my "emergency" circuits at my home 24/7 charging off solar, saving me a few nickels in electricity and stays on during a power outage. The only time I have had a serious issue with it was my own fault and customer service replaced the Delta Pro quickly. The few other times I have contacted customer service they are always helpful and have gone out of the way to make me satisfied.

At full price they are expensive, but they do have many deals and even sell refurbished units, which is probably due to home many people ruin them due to their own stupidity. My original refurbished unit and the replacement I received had very few cycles on the battery as per data from Home Assistant and has performed very well.
Hi, I've ordered a Delta Pro and I'm wondering if you could share what you did that broke yours? I just want to avoid my own stupidity :)

It's a decent self contained solution when combined with a manual transfer switch that doesn't typically require inspections and is very DIY friendly with good customer service and warranty. That being said, they are expensive compared to a DIY solution. It might be more helpful to what you mean by "home back up"?? Critical loads or whole home? Do you plan to add solar? What's your budget?
We have a MAX for week 6(?), running on a 2400w array. We love it, and and working on getting another 4000wh of LifePO4's for extra storage. We built everything to code, but indeed went with this to avoid such permits & inspections as it's rough around here. For our modest cabin it's great!

I'm wondering if you could share what you did that broke yours?
I used a Oono Automatic transfer switch which has too small of a gap between contacts. I believe this allowed the sine wave of the Delta Pro to French Kiss with the sine wave of the utility power for a second and after switching back and forth a few times in a minute while testing, the Delta Pro failed.

I used a Oono Automatic transfer switch which has too small of a gap between contacts. I believe this allowed the sine wave of the Delta Pro to French Kiss with the sine wave of the utility power for a second and after switching back and forth a few times in a minute while testing, the Delta Pro failed.
Code requires a Make-Break-Make on MTS's correct?

Thanks, I'll be using a manual transfer switch, so I should be OK.

Back