diy solar

diy solar

Looking for hybrid Inverter to use with EcoFlow to charge EV (nightly)

ronaldsnexus

Hello All,

First post here, I'm quite new.
-What I'm trying to do is charge my EV at night w/solar.
(I believe 10 KW's daily.)

I have an EcoFlow Delta Pro; I'll be plugging in my EV charger to it.
-With it, I'm looking to purchase a hybrid inverter.
-I going to use four 300-watt solar panels for Delta Pro, but I'll add more, separately, w/new inverter.

1) I'm hoping to purchase a hybrid inverter (considering the Victron 3K or 5K, I also noticed the MPP Solar LVX6505WP).
2) When I get inverter, I need to connect it to my EcoFlow Delta Pro, and charge my EV at night.

My question is, am I using the EcoFlow Delta Pro as a generator or backup battery?
-I'm hoping to leverage the batteries (again, to charge nightly).
-Would I use the EcoFlow as a generator w/inverter? Or, as a battery backup? << this is the key question for me.
-Intuitively, it seems the inverter's second AC out from Victron's out (Quattro has that), would be the EcoFlow's AC in.
(Am I saying that correctly?)

I happened on one forum for MPP Solar LVX6505WP, there was mention that EcoFlow needs to have a pure sine AC output, "plus," it needs to have two wires that can provide eclectic start (guessing that's for generator solution).
-I reached out to EcoFlow, they yes, it does.

Lastly, my long-term ambition is to use the hybrid inverter w/Net Metering (house uses 42 KW's daily, plus EV's 10 KW's daily).
-Plus, I'd use my EcoFlow w/battery backup.
-At the end of the day, I'd use the EV charger straight off the inverter, then use the EcoFlow as a backup battery.
-But for right now, I'd like to get the EcoFlow to work w/inverter, then keep building my system.

Hoping I'm asking this question correctly.

Thanks for looking!
-Ronald

1705260239503.png
View attachment 188922

Last edited:
So I have a similar setup to yours. I have an Anker 767 and the 760 expansion battery for 4Kw of storage. I can level 1 charge my Leaf at 120v @ 10,12, or 16amps and even supplement the charge with solar directly. I purchased the Anker mostly for RV and power outage useage but it works fine for EV charging too.

Separately, I have a Growatt SPF3000 ES and a 2Kw solar array combined with an EG4 server rack battery. I use this system to charge my EV more since it has a much large solar input. The Growatt will accept 4000 watts of solar where as the Anker will only accept 1000 watts of solar.

Your Delta Pro will accept 1600 watts of solar and level 1 charge an EV all by itself. If you want more charging power or solar input, simply buy another Delta pro and the double voltage hub and you'll be able to level 2 charge your EV and you'll be able to accept 3200 watts of solar.

I've just not been able to find any answers about how to charge the Delta Pro from a hybrid inverter.
-looks like the voltage input would work, but I don't want to chance it.
-I replied to someone else's post and mentioned this:

-Someone replied that there might be issues w/that solution
-I would like to know if instead of solar input if you could take the battery output from hybrid inverter to the input of this Delta Pro solar input
(From this YouTube video it seems there must be a way to do it.)

Last edited:
Use the AC output of the Victron to charge the Delta Pro (like you are plugging into the grid).
Do you already have the Delta Pro? Do you want the Delta Pro for camping? If not, why not just get a battery and All-In-One off-grid inverter to charge a cheaper battery during the day, and draw directly from it to charge your EV?

Back