diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow Smart Home Panel + Delta Pro = Gamechanger!!!

blackenedvoodoo

The SHP allows me to automate Charging and Discharging, which is beneficial if you have time of use, Prioritize circuits during an outage and allows me in real time to see in real time what my entire system is doing. It is a semi-home backup solution but for under $7000USD It does everything I need it to do!!!

I must agree with you. I have two Delta Pros with the SHP for a cost of approx. $8500 for about 2 years now.
Since I have had one Delta Pro and the SHP replaced. (Under warranty). I am happy to report that Ecoflow responded in a timely manor to my problems. The Delta replacement came very quickly (in less than two weeks) but the SHP replacement took about five weeks. Regardless I am happy and connected again.

I must agree with you. I have two Delta Pros with the SHP for a cost of approx. $8500 for about 2 years now.
Since I have had one Delta Pro and the SHP replaced. (Under warranty). I am happy to report that Ecoflow responded in a timely manor to my problems. The Delta replacement came very quickly (in less than two weeks) but the SHP replacement took about five weeks. Regardless I am happy and connected again.
I havent had any issues with mine. I have about 3000W of solar and trying to find more ways to use electricity during the day lol.

I havent had any issues with mine. I have about 3000W of solar and trying to find more ways to use electricity during the day lol.
What solar panels do you have? I having a finding panels that get me 1600W. I would like to go with 2000W figuring it will never produce that much due to heat or sun angle.

I bought a pallet of B-grade 385 watt panels at Santan Solar. Really nice panels! I'll be using the SnapNTrak TopSpeed mounts.

The SHP allows me to automate Charging and Discharging, which is beneficial if you have time of use, Prioritize circuits during an outage and allows me in real time to see in real time what my entire system is doing. It is a semi-home backup solution but for under $7000USD It does everything I need it to do!!!

Agreed, I am happy with the SHP and DP platform as a beginner and DIYer. I have decided to go more "professional" this year after owning Ecoflow for the last year. The SHP/DP solution definitely saved me a ton on electricity and has cut my eletric bill for my 120 volt loads by 70%. With my other additions I am at 100% including my entire main service panel. Also, even though I have gas heating I bought some portable heat pumps and have sliced my gas usage to $0 so far. We will see what the colder weather brings.

If you are looking for home backup the Delta pro ultra with stackable expansion units on four castors may be a better option:

So this is going to be a powerwall competitor? (meaning the target audience might overlap?)

I'm looking for something that will keep my panels on during a power outage but don't want to pay anywhere near a powerwall price

So this is going to be a powerwall competitor? (meaning the target audience might overlap?)

I'm looking for something that will keep my panels on during a power outage but don't want to pay anywhere near a powerwall price
the smart panel wont keep your solar panels going with a power outage, unless you have the panels hooked up to your DP or DPU. If you have an excysting Solar panels hooked to the home electric panel or Inverter you will have to hook them up to the DP or DPU.

You currently have panels? Are they on microinverters? if so you might have to look at a system that has AC coupling on the inverter output. I know Victron can do that. All of ecoflow's stuff is offgrid design based.

You currently have panels? Are they on microinverters? if so you might have to look at a system that has AC coupling on the inverter output. I know Victron can do that. All of ecoflow's stuff is offgrid design based.
I didn't end up not buying the Ecoflow. It's too expensive. I bought an inverter that can AC couple

I had an electrician install a Smart Home Panel next to the regular electrical panel in my home, and Ecoflow Delta Pro and an auxiliary battery are hooked to it. The batteries started fully charged, awaiting a power outage. The batteries are not hooked up to the solar panels, but the electrician said he wired a trickle charge back to the batteries to keep them at 100%. The batteries are in fact slowly discharging. Any ideas on what we did wrong. I am less than an amateur at all this. My plan was to carry the batteries out to the garage (in the case of a long-term power outage) to hook them into the solar panels. Short of having an outage, I was hoping the batteries could stay charged, hooked up to the SHP with the trickle the electrician said he wired. I am not able to keep the batteries always hooked to the solar panels, while also hooked to the SHP. Ideas?

I'd cycle batteries, and if they're on standby, the inverter will start consuming them. To save power, you need to completely turn off the units. My setup includes SHP, 2XDELTAPROs, and 4 extra batteries. I also use solar panels, 1.3kw each bank. My electric bill has significantly decreased. Recently, I added an 18kpv as a source with over 10kw of solar to charge the batteries when they can't keep up.

Last edited:
I had an electrician install a Smart Home Panel next to the regular electrical panel in my home, and Ecoflow Delta Pro and an auxiliary battery are hooked to it. The batteries started fully charged, awaiting a power outage. The batteries are not hooked up to the solar panels, but the electrician said he wired a trickle charge back to the batteries to keep them at 100%. The batteries are in fact slowly discharging. Any ideas on what we did wrong. I am less than an amateur at all this. My plan was to carry the batteries out to the garage (in the case of a long-term power outage) to hook them into the solar panels. Short of having an outage, I was hoping the batteries could stay charged, hooked up to the SHP with the trickle the electrician said he wired. I am not able to keep the batteries always hooked to the solar panels, while also hooked to the SHP. Ideas?
Hi JTPOGG,

It sounds like there might be some confusion about the setup of your backup power system. Let's address a couple of key points:

1. Trickle Charging: Lithium-ion battery systems like the Ecoflow Delta Pro typically don't require a continuous trickle charge once they're fully charged. They have built-in management systems that regulate charging and prevent overcharging. However, they can accept power at slower rates if necessary. So, if your batteries are fully charged, they shouldn't need to be continuously charged.
  2. Standby Power Consumption: Inverter systems, especially those designed for rapid response during power outages, do consume some power even when in standby mode. This is because they need to monitor the power supply continuously and be ready to switch over to battery power within milliseconds when needed. So, there's indeed no "free lunch" when it comes to standby power consumption.
Considering these factors, it's essential to ensure that your backup power system is configured optimally to balance reliability and efficiency. If you're experiencing issues with battery discharge or standby power consumption, it might be helpful to seek clarification from the electrician who installed the system or consult with Ecoflow user groups or forums for additional support and guidance.

Does the smart panel keep your solar panels going with a power outage?
This is a jpg of my setup, I have power even when the Grid is down, The SHP keeps any voltage from feeding back to the grid.
I run the most days when the sun is shinning. I also have an Enphase IQ7+ system with 30 panels that feed the grid with any extra I produce.
The Enphase does not supply power when the grid goes down, (a safety thing, that I support) My EcoFlow system is separate from the other system and supplies power anytime I program with the app for the 10 dedicated circuits.

Attachments

• 03-14-2024.jpg
    03-14-2024.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 6
Back