diy solar

diy solar

ecoflow delta pros only charging at half speed

RobRobRob

I have bought a couple of delta pross that are supposed to be able to charge at 1600 watts, but the most I have been able to get them to accept is about 700-800 watts. I have verified that I have current coming through the xt60i cable is 98volts and between 10 and 16 amps depending on the time of day. I have tried 4 different xt60i cables, since other posters here have said the delta pro limits charging if the cable isn't correct, but that didn't make a difference.

Ecoflow Support Says that this is normal and charging speeds just vary and that because I have a mixture of different spec solar panels this may be keeping the eco flow from charging at full speed. however this six to 800 watts is not enough to run the air conditioner so I need to either figure out a way to make this work or send these ecoflow delta pros back.

is there some device I could put between my solar panels And my ecoflow to even out the electricity or clean it up so that the ecoflow will charge at full speed?

Or would a small battery and charge controller between my panels and the ecoflow let me charge at full speed and then export the electricity at a higher speed to the ecoflow?

Anyone have ideas how to make this work?

I haven't encountered this issue, but try adjusting the panel configuration while monitoring the voltage to ensure it doesn't exceed limits. Also, the angle will need to be optimized for your region and season. Ensure the wire gauge is appropriate, as too thin a wire will result in power loss. Temperature also plays a role.

I have bought a couple of delta pross that are supposed to be able to charge at 1600 watts, but the most I have been able to get them to accept is about 700-800 watts. I have verified that I have current coming through the xt60i cable is 98volts and between 10 and 16 amps depending on the time of day. I have tried 4 different xt60i cables, since other posters here have said the delta pro limits charging if the cable isn't correct, but that didn't make a difference.

Ecoflow Support Says that this is normal and charging speeds just vary and that because I have a mixture of different spec solar panels this may be keeping the eco flow from charging at full speed. however this six to 800 watts is not enough to run the air conditioner so I need to either figure out a way to make this work or send these ecoflow delta pros back.

is there some device I could put between my solar panels And my ecoflow to even out the electricity or clean it up so that the ecoflow will charge at full speed?

Or would a small battery and charge controller between my panels and the ecoflow let me charge at full speed and then export the electricity at a higher speed to the ecoflow?

What are the "mixture of different spec panels" specifically and how are they wired?

The discussion about xt60i was in regards to Delta 2 and Delta 2 max. I'm not sure if that also applies to the Delta pro series.

Typically, you want to stick to the same brand of panels for your array. It's not a hard rule, but it makes life a lot easier.
For example, I use Canadian Solar panels rated at 450W with an open circuit voltage of 49.1 volts and 11.6 amps. Theoretically, I can use only 3 panels because you don't want to exceed 150 volts, and temperature in the winter will increase the voltage. However, if I create a string of 2 series and 2 parallel panels, I stay in the 100-volt range while increasing my amps to 22. The Delta Pro can handle 16 amps. This setup should give me 1600W, but remember that you have voltage losses due to cable length and size if you go too small (I net about 1400w).
What panels are you using? FYI, you hardly ever get the exact numbers you are expecting.

I have bought a couple of delta pross that are supposed to be able to charge at 1600 watts, but the most I have been able to get them to accept is about 700-800 watts. I have verified that I have current coming through the xt60i cable is 98volts and between 10 and 16 amps depending on the time of day. ...

98vDC at 10a= 980w
98vDC at 16a=1568w

If you are connecting 2 to the same PV array they would fight each other and it would not work properly. So some more information about your setup would be necessary to figure out what is going on.

Oh one more thing I did try changing via solar and ac at the same time. It's fast but Im trying to consume less from the grid. Also I don't want to stress the battery cells doing it all the time.

diy solar

diy solar
Back