diy solar

diy solar

Economical Basic LiIon Non-Solar RV House Battery Setup?

BrewPat

Looking for resources on the most economical setups for a simple house battery setup for my travel trailer. I do not have (or currently want/need) solar as we're just weekenders.

I currently have a dual 12v lead acid setup. They're Interstate SRM-24's with a rated amp hour capacity of 81 (so basically that's my total since I don't discharge below 50%). A little more would be appreciated but not actually necessary since this amount seems to be plenty for us. We also don't have an inverter and don't currently really have any need for one so these batteries are truly part of the most basic RV setup you can get - i.e. very low demand. Also, because I store the trailer on a lot, I pull my batteries every time we return home and put them on a trickle charger/maintainer in my garage.

So, that said, any set of LiIon batteries that get me close to the current setup, perhaps with a small bump in amp hours, would be super. Willing to go 6v if that is better as it really doesn't matter given my setup. Just looking to get away from the lead acid really.

Thanks!!!

You can get 90-120ah lifepo4 cells on alibaba for $30-50USD per cell (plus shipping which is typically around $100 by sea, $140-200 by air) and build you own portable battery box. Or take a chance on aliexpress for cheaper cells.
Reference:

Back