diy solar

diy solar

EEL Experience

Seplos 280 Diy Kits can use the EVE LF304 ( i have them in my boxes) , CATL 302 and envision 305/315 ( i have these in my own boxes as well ) cells with no issue at all..
remember the cell dimensions of all above cells are the same

furthermore , if choosing a different supplier that Seplos itself you can save HUGELY on shipping costs for the boxes...
currently pay € 68 for ddp shipping to Europe with my current supplier , vs Seplos €350
Which seller did you use?

EEL have a Thanksgiving "sale" that is anything but.
They are advertising the DIY box with shipping from America starting in the middle of November for $710. It looks like they've gone back to the V2 of the box not the rounded corners of the V3.
Just bear in mind that I paid $560 each for mine when I got them a couple months ago so this is absolutely not any kind of sale whatsoever.

I am having a punt on a different box I found and will let you guys know how they are when I get them in a few weeks.

Middle of November $710 Shipped for US? Ohh Hell no :mad: ! I paid $789 from china with a 60+ day wait, I still have 40 days left! They better not be doing this!

Now looking here after returning some ebay forged Eve 304's I paid US$693 for. Consensus was they were EVE LF280K v.3 (not a terrible price, but on principal I returned them. The seller was a dick too).

Anything to pick between this lot? It's for an RV and I might occasionally pull 200+ Amps from it so more interested in robustness at high amps than longevity.

All Ex China and shipped prices for 4 (though I might get 8 to do a 4S2P). Possibly import taxes on top of that.

CATL 280 US$500
EVE 280K (looks like v.3) US$480
EVE 304 US$510 (they have the double bolt terminals)
CATL 306 US$510

Oh sod it. Here's a catch if you're looking on EEL site.

I do this a lot and I'm sure I did the right thing. I was 'pretend ordering' going through the checkout so I could get to the end to see if it would add GST (Australia's tax) to the order. On the PayPal checkout the penultimate step says something like 'Continue to review your order'. Pretty standard on any checkout where it then gives the whole transaction summary before you click Order. However, just clicking Review completed the order!

So I ring PayPal to get it cancelled and the support person starts talking of filing disputes which can take ages and I could lose out in currency fluctuations meanwhile and it ties up the money. I also didn't want to as it would seem not to be the sellers doing*. I didn't want to give them grief (also in case I did want to use them). PayPal doesn't have an internal process to 'fess up and just cancel it.

* in Googling this issue I found mention that the merchant has to include a bit of code in the checkout html to enable the Review to work properly. If they 'forget' to include the code, the sale goes through instantly. I have no idea if that's true, but if so, it could be an intentional tactic, as a lot of people would do what I did and just accept the sale.

I also asked EEL to cancel it. Or gave them the option to refund the 5% signup discount and continue with the order. Problem is trying to explain something like that to a non native English speaker is tricky. Surprise, surprise, they chose the latter.

Googled and found this PayPal slipup is a regular thing for years.

Don't you love how when you contact these places (PayPal) they always assume you've stuffed up?

Another flaw in the PayPal checkout is in cross currency sales (I work in A$ and buying in US$) in the checkout you should be able to pick wether PayPal does the conversion from US$ to A$ (lousy exchange rate), or pay in US$ and let your credit card do the exchange rate (can be significantly better - nearly 8% in my case). I chose the latter (it even confirmed that would be the case in the checkout), but the PayPal checkout did it instead.

Ended up getting a little stroppy with PayPal and escalated to a supervisor (ooh impressive), who actually was reasonable. Ended up promising to refund A$100 (US$62) if the sale was not refunded. Slight win (if it happens).

Last edited:
Ok US$968.99 delivered (ex china warehouse) for 8 Eve 304Ah (with the 2 bolt terminals). The ones they're saying are max 315Ah (they have some other cheaper ones that are max 310Ah).

They even agreed to split it into 2 orders and ship a few weeks apart as stuff coming into Australia over A$1000 gets taxed. Fingers crossed.

I just received my order (32 cells and 2 cases), a couple weeks earlier then scheduled.
I have just opened some of the boxes and so far the cells looks OK.
Looks like they are 306Ah cells. There is a sticker on each one marked with 979Wh and some (i guess serial) numbers.
If i remove the sticker there is what looks to be the original QR code.

I will do more testing later on.

Attachments

• 20231206_104954487_iOS.jpg
    20231206_104954487_iOS.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 20231206_105321663_iOS.jpg
    20231206_105321663_iOS.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 12
EEL have a Thanksgiving "sale" that is anything but.
They are advertising the DIY box with shipping from America starting in the middle of November for $710. It looks like they've gone back to the V2 of the box not the rounded corners of the V3.
Just bear in mind that I paid $560 each for mine when I got them a couple months ago so this is absolutely not any kind of sale whatsoever.

I am having a punt on a different box I found and will let you guys know how they are when I get them in a few weeks.
I do kind of want 2 more v2 boxes if they are back so that my boxes all match hah

My EEL V3 will be here on next Thursday. Woo!

Mr.Sweede why was there a white sticker covering the qr code? Did eel give you a test report, what cells are those catl?

My EEL V3 will be here on next Thursday. Woo!

Mr.Sweede why was there a white sticker covering the qr code? Did eel give you a test report, what cells are those catl?
Don't know why EEL put the sticker over the original QR-code.
I don't know how to verify the QR-code online.

I was first quoted EVE 304Ah 6000 cycles Grade A cells, but on my invoice it says CATL 320Ah.

Just got the cells from EEL today (6 weeks from China to Australia). Final price delivered was A$1476 for 8x Eve 304Ah (the best 304Ah ones they sell). That's smack on US$1000 (US$125 each) at today's exchange rate. Double bolt terminals, flexible bus bars. They threw in a few epoxy sheets as I needed a few more. The cells seem perfect. No tax or duties coming in. EEL said they'd take care off that. Starting to test them.

IMG_1452-edited.jpgIMG_1453-edited.jpgIMG_1454-edited.jpg

Last edited:
No test report, but really if they're going to the trouble of faking QR codes, knocking up a simple excel spreadsheet would be easy.

What does a 'genuine' Eve terminal look like? These are supposed to be Eve cells. I'm not sure if the terminals are put on by EEL or Eve.

No test report, but really if they're going to the trouble of faking QR codes, knocking up a simple excel spreadsheet would be easy.

What does a 'genuine' Eve terminal look like? These are supposed to be Eve cells. I'm not sure if the terminals are put on by EEL or Eve.

Real EVE terminals have a matt finish and steel helicoil insert so it does not strip the aluminum. Fake Spreadsheets would be bad because you can get them verified by emailing doris[dot]liu[at]evebattery.com I have yet to see anyone do a fake spreadsheet as there are case Id and batch ids on it which would leave a paper trail.

Now it could be that EEL has real cells but are just using a knock off adapter, however I would ask EEL a copy of the test report they should give it to you without too many issues.

EEL is now offering these boxes with JK BMS

Back