diy solar

diy solar

EG$ 6500 understanding settings

jbkrntrprz

Maybe this has been discussed already? Been having all kinds of problems with my inverters shutting down and stopping charging etc. Turns out I was putting in the wrong amp setting in step 41. I thought that setting was for each inverter, but it turns out it was for both inverters combined. That meant my amp setting was to low and when it reached that limit, it behaved badly. Doubled the amps and it now is working as should. Been working with SS tech but they did not know why, and we were in the troubleshooting process and after a few days they asks for all my settings. Came across step 41 and decided to raise it before sending them the info and immediately got some improvement. Advice for the SS tech department, that should be the first thing to ask an uneducated person on this equipment such as myself. Except for the still occasional flickering lights so far everything working ok, day 2.
A shout out to SS. It seems they are answering there phones fairly quick now in the tech dept. I was being helped with a person who had been there only 3 months but was trying hard to help me and was in touch with supervisor. I am seeing improvements over there. I just hope my 6500s are going to last. Fingers crossed.
One last thing. I think a more thorough explanation of the settings would be very helpful. Not just the 6500s but the other models also. Think there would be a lot less calls to tech if that were the case. It sure would have helped me.

One last thing. I think a more thorough explanation of the settings would be very helpful. Not just the 6500s but the other models also. Think there would be a lot less calls to tech if that were the case. It sure would have helped me.

I will certainly forward this request to our technical writing team to determine if it can be accommodated. Regarding the intermittent flickering of lights, it may be attributed to load balancing.

Back