diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18K resets on AC load

What are the other two with Para in the name?

The FAAB/fAAB xx1C firmware files are associated with one of the two CPUs on the 18kPV. Based on the CPU type, the corresponding FAAB/fAAB file should be selected. During a standard update, the appropriate file is automatically uploaded.

@ksmithaz1 @EG4_Jared Just took this pic off my AC unit. If I understand this correctly (99.9% chance I don't), then the AC needs 137A to get started? And because of this large in-rush, the 18K cannot handle it in pure off-grid mode?

Other update: I recently enabled on-grid mode on the inverter, based on another post of similar concern, and it works. However, I wanted to be able to run this AC even when main grid is down.

IMG_0471.jpg

When operating off-grid with the 18kPV, you are limited to the rated output current of 50A at 240VAC. I would recommend looking into the Micro Air recommendation, which claims to reduce compressor start currents by up to 75%. However, due to the high startup current of 137A, a secondary inverter may still be necessary.

That be one phat compressor. Serious juice. You will need the humongous MicroAir if you want to *try* using it with the 18K. Will probably blink the lights: https://www.microair.net/products/e...tart-motor-starter-for-115-and-230v-ac-motors
You will want to dig up the wiring diagram if it is laden with aftermarket start kits, and get help from Micro Air.

Or always run it with the grid until you are ready to replace it. It's only money.

diy solar

diy solar
Back