diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18Kpv + Generac 7171 10KW

Rigsbee

Greetings, I am having issues with my EG4 18KPV w LifePower4 (6) batteries + Generac 7171 10KW generator. I am grid connected. I noticed last night during a power outage that the batteries dropped from 28% to 20% and the inverter powered off the loads. When the grid went out the Generac fired up and ran as expected but it never pulled any wattage in to charge the batteries or run the critical loads panel (usually around 800w to 1200w max load at a given time). Has anyone else experienced this issue? On firmware 1514 installed by Signature Solar tech support about a month ago (due to the rapid charge button bug). Thanks for your feedback!

It seems like the inverter wasn't able to accept the output from the generator, it probably did not like something about it like the frequency.

I'm having a very similar problem with my Generac. I ran a test tonight with the settings shown in my images and the generator powered the house but never charged the batteries. If I have a frequency problem, how can I tell, and furthermore, what can I do to remedy the problem?

I noticed the frequency changing between 59.xx and 60.1x. I presume that's the issue. I waited about 30 minutes to see if things would settle down and it never did.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
EG418Kpv Monitor.pngEG418Kpv settings.png

The 18 is picky about generator output. You really need a Inverter/Generator. Or throw a couple chargeverters inline from the generator to the batteries.

I'm having a very similar problem with my Generac. I ran a test tonight with the settings shown in my images and the generator powered the house but never charged the batteries. If I have a frequency problem, how can I tell, and furthermore, what can I do to remedy the problem?

I noticed the frequency changing between 59.xx and 60.1x. I presume that's the issue. I waited about 30 minutes to see if things would settle down and it never did.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
View attachment 203380View attachment 203381

If you could DM your inverter serial number, I can take a look.

Back