diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18kpv quick charge not working

I assume quick charge is to charge from the grid, right?
It looks to me like you have AC charging turned off. Might be worth turning AC charging on, as a test
I tested that on my own system when I saw that. Quick charge works over here with AC charge off. Ac charge is for SOC. voltage and scheduled charging. Somehow "quick charge" works with it off.

I'l give it a try, I watched a video where it did it by it self. The quick charge is still not working. The online monitoring says its in quick charge but its not going to the battery.

My inverter time and app time are correct, but the darn monitoring time is ahead bt 12 hours? ugh.

I wish EG$ would provide some kind of information on how each setting works. They have a few brief ones in the online settings.

Screenshot 2024-02-07 051835.png

No I’m using the power wall set up. I just tried quick charges and it worked?

For some reason the time and date were off I corrected them then tried the quick charge. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.
The time on the online monitor is ahead by 12 hours not sure how to change that?
The times need adjustment in three locations: the user account, on the station, and in the settings. However, I have corrected this for GMT -8, and the data should be reported accurately starting today.

Come on guys surely this time zone thing can be straightened out between all of the different components.
By the way the quick charge sets a 1 hour slot in timer # 3 so you can look there to see if it has been set.

Thanks Jared, this is the current status of phone app and phone app monitoring and online monitoring. minus the inverter I’m at work.

Both monitoring times are off. Maybe it will take a bit to reset.

Also my quick charge is not working now. The app and monitor say it’s charging but there is no connection to the battery?IMG_0343.pngIMG_0344.pngIMG_0345.jpeg

Thanks Jared, this is the current status of phone app and phone app monitoring and online monitoring. minus the inverter I’m at work.

Also my quick charge is not working now. The app and monitor say it’s charging but there is no connection to the battery?View attachment 194052View attachment 194053View attachment 194054
It might require a day for the times to display accurate data due to the inverter reporting data at the incorrect time. Nonetheless, I will promptly investigate the quick charge setting.

Also my quick charge is not working now. The app and monitor say it’s charging but there is no connection to the battery?View attachment 194052View attachment 194053View attachment 194054
Also, what batteries are being connected to this system?

Hey Jared,

My system has been working great so far, just a couple things.

The other day in the evening my battery was at 100% and my wife was using the oven instead of the battery discharging the inverter was drawing from the grid around 3550w my AC coupled solar system was producing around 250 watts at the time. All other times the battery will discharge and not use the grid until its depleted, thoughts?

The other thing is we moved the clocks forward an hour the inverter changed itself but my phone app and online monitoring program are still stuck an hour behind? I set the time on the app and its still stuck an hour behind?

Neither are a big deal maybe you can help when you have a chance,

Thanks!

The other thing is we moved the clocks forward an hour the inverter changed itself but my phone app and online monitoring program are still stuck an hour behind? I set the time on the app and its still stuck an hour behind?
For this, you would have to go into configuration and then station management to change the station to daylight savings time. However, it should be corrected now.

The other day in the evening my battery was at 100% and my wife was using the oven instead of the battery discharging the inverter was drawing from the grid around 3550w my AC coupled solar system was producing around 250 watts at the time. All other times the battery will discharge and not use the grid until its depleted, thoughts?

I will look into this.

It looks like the frequency jumped slightly above the default max of 60.1hz and I have widen this slightly to adjust for this. Please let me know how it goes.

Hey Jarred,

It’s doing it again my battery is at 100% and now the inverter has switched to using the grid? My solar is just about done for the day putting out around a 200watts. It seems when the ac coupling is dropping off it uses the grid. Once solar is off then it will switch to using the battery? It only happens
When the battery is at 100%

wIMG_0497.pngIMG_0498.png

Attachments

• IMG_0496.png
    IMG_0496.png
    201 KB · Views: 3
I do see that you are on firmware version 1717, if you don't mind, I can update the firmware to 1919 to see if the issues you are seeing persist.

Back