diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000xp Quick Charge Error: setAcChargeEndVoltFailed

ChrisG

Solar Addict
Has anyone seen this before and know what it means. Inverter config has not changed and this is the first time I've seen this error from doing a quick charge. On the mobile app I get 'UNKNOWN ERROR'.
1708112208683.png

I've only tried the quick charge option once and it worked fine. I don't have much use for it, just tried it out - but I see you are running in lead-acid mode where I'm used closed-loop comms...

I've only tried the quick charge option once and it worked fine. I don't have much use for it, just tried it out - but I see you are running in lead-acid mode where I'm used closed-loop comms...
Yeah, custom pack. Anyway Quickcharge has worked fine until today. Was going do some baselining of my battery pack and wanted to charge it up with Quickcharge...but a no-go due to this error.

I can’t offer any help but I do wish the button existed with my Sol-Ark. It’s a really neat feature.

I can’t remember, is that option available on the inverter, or does it have to be done via the app? If available directly on the screen, do you have a different result locally?

This is the QuickCharge error I get when using the mobile app. Again, this has worked perfectly up until today.

Attachments

• IMG_4621.jpeg
    IMG_4621.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 8
I can’t offer any help but I do wish the button existed with my Sol-Ark. It’s a really neat feature.

I can’t remember, is that option available on the inverter, or does it have to be done via the app? If available directly on the screen, do you have a different result locally?
I have not seen it as an option on the screen itself or in the manual outside of reference to the web or mobile application.

I have not seen it as an option on the screen itself or in the manual outside of reference to the web or mobile application.
That very well may be the case, I couldn’t remember. Might be a great feature request too for future firmware updates. Having a handy single button press to charge the battery’s available locally would be awesome.

As completely dumb as this may sound, I would start by rebooting the inverter. To this day it blows my mind how often that solves annoying problems with electronics, especially ones with nonsense errors like, “unknown”. Seems like it can just be software or firmware stuck in a loop. Might be worth a try!

That very well may be the case, I couldn’t remember. Might be a great feature request too for future firmware updates. Having a handy single button press to charge the battery’s available locally would be awesome.

As completely dumb as this may sound, I would start by rebooting the inverter. To this day it blows my mind how often that solves annoying problems with electronics, especially ones with nonsense errors like, “unknown”. Seems like it can just be software or firmware stuck in a loop. Might be worth a try!
Thought about it, reluctant to bring up a reboot to the wife..lol.

You’re using the wrong words.. System reliability and safety upgrade.
Fortunately or unfortunately in this instance, she knows me all to well and knows when I'm talking shit.

I feel like this is an app/web API problem where it's not passing all the correct parameters to the inverter. Quickcharge has worked without fail until now.

Fortunately or unfortunately in this instance, she knows me all to well and knows when I'm talking shit.

I feel like this is an app/web API problem where it's not passing all the correct parameters to the inverter. Quickcharge has worked without fail until now.
That’s why I was thinking the reboot

Yes - smoke out of the wife’s ears is almost as bad as magic smoke out of the inverter 😎

Rebooted everything. Same settings. Same error. Can’t figure this out. Really kinda pissed, this worked perfectly for weeks.

Has anyone seen this before and know what it means. Inverter config has not changed and this is the first time I've seen this error from doing a quick charge. On the mobile app I get 'UNKNOWN ERROR'.
View attachment 196042
I have just noticed this issue on another system I was working on, and we are actively investigating this issue. A current work around may be setting the AC charge according to time instead of voltage/SOC.

I have just noticed this issue on another system I was working on, and we are actively investigating this issue. A current work around may be setting the AC charge according to time instead of voltage/SOC.
@EG4_Jared thanks for the reply but that work around for time doesn’t help with devices that fluctuate with usage such as my minisplits, weather not predictable.

I went back and looked at my battery voltage chart and realized the last time this worked was this morning. Forgot I enabled QuickCharge before we went skiing at 8am ET so the issue started some time after that. It finished the QuickCharge at 9am as expected.

Having this same issue with the unit I installed for my dad about 3 weeks ago. Quick charge has worked great until now.

Having this same issue with the unit I installed for my dad about 3 weeks ago. Quick charge has worked great until now.
Yes, Quickcharge is still broken as of yesterday, just tried again a few minutes ago. Didn't do a firmware update or anything. Still think it's something with the backend API's the web/mobile apps interface with.

Back