diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000xp with 2 24v eg4 batteries in series?

ozman

Will it work? I’m looking at upgrading my 24 volt growatt system to the EG4 6000xp. I understand I can series the two 24v batteries to make one 48v battery, but the communication won’t work. So I’ll need to select lead acid battery and enter the parameters in manually, which is fine, but it won’t show state of charge, just voltage, correct? Is there a way I can determine state of charge without hooking up a laptop to the batteries?

Also the the two 24 volt batteries have a 100amp bms, allowing me to pull about 2500 watts. In series I should be able to pull 5000 watts. But it’s a 6000 watt inverter. Will it work, as long as I don’t pull more than 5000 watts or will it give some kind of error?

I don’t have the EG4 6000xp yet, just trying to make sure it’ll work before I buy it. Thanks.

You will have to check the specs for the batteries to see if they can be put in series (I'm not sure).

If so, it will work. But the batteries will drift apart from each other. And need to be balanced from time to time. (Taking down the system and charging them fully individually)
This is why we never recommend placing BMS controlled batteries in series.

And yes, the batteries will limit your system to 5kw.

Back