diy solar

diy solar

EG4 vs Victron in a Bus

Well if we're bringing them up we might as well mention the Emerson R48-3000e3 rectifier that can be had for ~$80 delivered and provide ~3000W with 240V and ~1700W with 120V; of course some minor DIY is involved but that's the start of the forum name...

Welcome to the forum @Docasek.
You're already familiar with the Victron... It will work with batteries besides battleborn...
Yeah, battleborns are nice, but grossly overpriced. At the very least I will be using different batteries.

My initial plan was to go with an EG4 6000XP,
Will noise be an issue? I don't know if I've seen anyone comment specifically on noise levels for the 6000XP but it is something you need to verify if that would be an issue where it is placed.

Will noise be an issue? I don't know if I've seen anyone comment specifically on noise levels for the 6000XP but it is something you need to verify if that would be an issue where it is placed.
It will be in a basement compartment that will be well insulated. Noise won’t be an issue unless it’s obnoxiously loud.

Just something to consider, you mention wanting to use the EG4 wall mount batteries, but I would strongly suggest the rack mount style instead.
Its going to be much easier to handle, install and secure the rack mount style than to wrestle with an almost 300 lbs battery and trying to mount it securely in the bay.

Just something to consider, you mention wanting to use the EG4 wall mount batteries, but I would strongly suggest the rack mount style instead.
Its going to be much easier to handle, install and secure the rack mount style than to wrestle with an almost 300 lbs battery and trying to mount it securely in the bay.
For the longest time I was planning on the server rack batteries, but space considerations and cost/kw has me thinking the wall mounts.

I also have 3 of the dragonfly (Battleborn) GC3H 12v 270ah batteries that I picked up pretty cheaply that I’d like to integrate somehow.

Back