diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000XP - Victron Cerbo integration

FreebirdRV

I am about to install 2 EG4 6000XP units with 5 EG4 LL-S 48V 100AH Server Rack Batteries in an RV installation. I will have 4400 watts of solar. Its a BIG RV. There is an existing Victron Lynx System & Shunt along with a Cerbo and Touch GX. I really like the ease of the Victron interface to see what's going on at a glance and would like to keep it in place.
I am unsure of the best way to tie the EG4 system into the Cerbo, and exactly how to configure things best. It may be as simple as running an ethernet cable from the EG4 6000XP to the CAN input of the Cerbo? Or perhaps from the EG4 Battery bank to the Cerbo?
Has anyone done anything similar?

Unfortunately, removing the Cerbo GX and Touch GX is necessary to facilitate BMS communication with the EG4 6000XP. On the other hand, should you prefer to retain both the Cerbo GX and Touch GX, an alternative approach involves establishing direct communication with the Cerbo GX using a cable featuring pinout 4 and 5 on the Cerbo GX and 7 and 8 on the Battery End for the LL-S battery. However, it's important to note that, in this configuration, the inverter must be placed in a user-defined state, as direct communication between the Cerbo GX and the EG4 6000XP is not supported at this time.

For a reference to the BMS communication cable needed for EG4 LL-S battery and Cerbo GX, you can visit the following link: Victron VE.Can to Can-bus BMS Type A Cable (1.8m).

Unfortunately, removing the Cerbo GX and Touch GX is necessary to facilitate BMS communication with the EG4 6000XP. On the other hand, should you prefer to retain both the Cerbo GX and Touch GX, an alternative approach involves establishing direct communication with the Cerbo GX using a cable featuring pinout 4 and 5 on the Cerbo GX and 7 and 8 on the Battery End for the LL-S battery. However, it's important to note that, in this configuration, the inverter must be placed in a user-defined state, as direct communication between the Cerbo GX and the EG4 6000XP is not supported at this time.

For a reference to the BMS communication cable needed for EG4 LL-S battery and Cerbo GX, you can visit the following link: Victron VE.Can to Can-bus BMS Type A Cable (1.8m).
Thanks Jared,

I really just want to retain the Cerbo to have easy access to battery state and capacity. I don't really need the Victron to control anything on the inverter. It would be nice to be able to see the Solar output on the GX. Would the LL-S provide this to the Cerbo?

Thanks Jared,

I really just want to retain the Cerbo to have easy access to battery state and capacity. I don't really need the Victron to control anything on the inverter. It would be nice to be able to see the Solar output on the GX. Would the LL-S provide this to the Cerbo?
I believe so. Additionally, you should be able to access this information using the EG4 Monitoring APP with the 6000XP.

Back