diy solar

diy solar

EG4 18PKV to EG4 LifePower4

dmkjr

Solar Enthusiast
I have an 18pkv that is installed outside of a garage. We have installed two EG4 Battery Racks with 12 100ah EG4 LifePower4 batteries.

Having an issue getting the batteries to communicate with the inverter. They are all installed correctly and addressing set.

1704390739413.png

This is from the 18pkv manual. How should this be pinned out on the battery side? Is there a wiring diagram that will help us understand what/how we are wiring this?

Thanks community!

Unfortunately there is no information for the RS485 connector pinout for that battery, maybe someone here knows.

I have an 18pkv that is installed outside of a garage. We have installed two EG4 Battery Racks with 12 100ah EG4 LifePower4 batteries.

Having an issue getting the batteries to communicate with the inverter. They are all installed correctly and addressing set.

View attachment 186890

This is from the 18pkv manual. How should this be pinned out on the battery side? Is there a wiring diagram that will help us understand what/how we are wiring this?

Thanks community!
Hello,
Did you happen to update your life power batteries? The life power batteries will require an update to communicate with the 18kpv.
The 18k should have came with a communication cable from battery to inverter that works with the life powers. Its going to be a grey cable.
If you are looking make your own cable though, the pin out that you would need is pins 1&2 on one side and Reverse 7&8 on the other. So pin 1 will go to 8 and pin 2 will go to 7. Whenever you have this cable made you will plug in pinned out side 1&2 to the battery.

Hello,
Did you happen to update your life power batteries? The life power batteries will require an update to communicate with the 18kpv.
The 18k should have came with a communication cable from battery to inverter that works with the life powers. Its going to be a grey cable.
If you are looking make your own cable though, the pin out that you would need is pins 1&2 on one side and Reverse 7&8 on the other. So pin 1 will go to 8 and pin 2 will go to 7. Whenever you have this cable made you will plug in pinned out side 1&2 to the battery.
I did update the batteries. I had these batteries working on my 6000xp first. I had to make my own cable due to distance.

I did update the batteries. I had these batteries working on my 6000xp first. I had to make my own cable due to distance.
I completely understand. If you make the cable like stated above ("the pin out that you would need is pins 1&2 on one side and Reverse 7&8 on the other. So pin 1 will go to 8 and pin 2 will go to 7. Whenever you have this cable made you will plug in pinned out side 1&2 to the battery.") and if have any issues, please reach out and ill make sure we get you fixed up.

Back