diy solar

diy solar

EG4 3k not charging when AC voltage goes over 120v

snack

Greetings! I am having an issue that just started to happen. I just got an EG4 3k and 2 Lifepower4 batteries. I'm charging them separately with AC input from the 3k and the first one charged without any issues. With the second one, it charged to about 65% but then I noticed that it would charge off and on. Then I finally noticed that the AC input voltage was fluctuating from around 110v to 124v...when it goes above 120v charging stops. I realize that's it voltage protection kicking in but is there any way around this? Is there an issue with my house AC perhaps?
Thanks!

I would like to see if the same issue occurs when the 3k is set to User-defined mode. According to specifications, the AC overprotection feature shouldn't engage until around 150V.

I just tested out user-defined mode and charging seems to work as expected even with 120v+ Would this be the BMS or the 3k that kicks in the voltage protection? It's strange the the other batter charged without issue...although I didn't really monitor the AC voltage for that one.
I just got these so I'm now waiting for the firmware upgrade cable so I can upgrade both batteries and the 3k.
Thanks!

I just tested out user-defined mode and charging seems to work as expected even with 120v+ Would this be the BMS or the 3k that kicks in the voltage protection? It's strange the the other batter charged without issue...although I didn't really monitor the AC voltage for that one.
I just got these so I'm now waiting for the firmware upgrade cable so I can upgrade both batteries and the 3k.
Thanks!

It would be interesting to know what firmware these are on once the cable is received. I'm glad this worked for you though!

I upgraded both battery firmware and 3k firmware but the charging still stops when the AC input goes over 120v. The 3k firmware 320629a1 and the batteries are 3.37. Any ideas? It's not a huge deal because it will be an off grid system (just charging the batteries up for preparation) but I'd like to figure it out.

Back