diy solar

diy solar

EG4 3K protocol for COOLi 10kWh?

Arfloot

The EG4 3K inverter has already been shipped, and I have local access to buy a COOLi 10kWh battery. However, neither has a specific protocol for each other.

Can I just set both the inverter and the battery to both use the Pylon protocol and they will use that to communicate?

Or do I need to set both the inverter and the battery to the same custom protocol settings?

Perhaps I should just keep looking for a natively compatible battery?

Last edited:
The EG4 3K inverter has already been shipped, and I have local access to buy a COOLi 10kWh battery. However, neither has a specific protocol for each other.

Can I just set both the inverter and the battery to both use the Pylon protocol and they will use that to communicate?

Or do I need to set both the inverter and the battery to the same custom protocol settings?

Perhaps I should just keep looking for a natively compatible battery?
Yeah, you may want to look for a more compatible battery. Cooli has a protocol that will work with our 18kpv, and 6000xp, but not the 3k.

If you do buy them, you can still set it to USE and manually input the battery specs, it just won't work off of SOC, and will work off of voltages instead.

Yeah, you may want to look for a more compatible battery. Cooli has a protocol that will work with our 18kpv, and 6000xp, but not the 3k.

If you do buy them, you can still set it to USE and manually input the battery specs, it just won't work off of SOC, and will work off of voltages instead.
I would get the advanced new S O K rack mounted batteries, but shipping to Hawaii is almost the cost of the batteries - basically doubling the price. So what is available on-island is the only choice. Know where I can get 48v SOK rack mount batteries in Hawaii?

I would even get EG4 48v batteries if the shipping wasn't prohibitive.

Last edited:
I would get the advanced new S O K rack mounted batteries, but shipping to Hawaii is almost the cost of the batteries - basically doubling the price. So what is available on-island is the only choice. Know where I can get 48v SOK rack mount batteries in Hawaii?
Not off the top of my head. Not real knowledgeable on SOK vendors. Let me see what I can dig up on vendors on the islands. Might be able to figure something out.

Thanx! I'm not fixated on any particular brand of battery, just one that will integrate with the system that I'm building.

Almost thinking that I'd get the best performance from EG4 batteries since that's the inverter I'm starting with.

I've seen videos of people getting a 4 battery rack for placing 3 batteries in the lower rack and mounting this inverter in the top rack slot. And it seems to me that design works well, thus my desire for rack mounted.

But this is my first install ever, so I'm starting out with a single battery on a small inverter so that I can somewhat safely learn what would best fit my needs.

I can't believe it, CC website claims Free Shipping to Hawaii for a $8500 purchase. Thats a rack of 5 batteries. Wonder if SS can match that deal? Deal on for couple days only.

Attachments

• IMG_20231114_065547_970.jpg
    IMG_20231114_065547_970.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20231114_065754_218.jpg
    IMG_20231114_065754_218.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 1
Back