diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000 xp connection to house

ipcpr12

Hello!
I recently installed an EG4 6000xp inverter and I think is connected correctly. I am receiving the 240V from the grid, when I test the load it shows as it is giving it to the house and everything connected to that breaker is working correctly. The issue during the day I don't see the PV side providing solar to the house plus on the app it only shows from the grid to the house and from the solar to the inverter but I don't see it going out to the house. Also, in the data area of the app the solar line (green) stays flat. I have attached the image of where I think it is suppose to provide to the house. I tried calling EG4 and they said since I did not purchase thru them they cannot help me. Please help. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-01 193358.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-01 193358.png
    176.9 KB · Views: 11
Do you have AC First configured and is the PV switch on? Do you have enough PV to get above the start voltage?

I have a total of 4- 550w panels connected to it. The inverter is turning on. I forgot to mention I don't have any batteries connected to it yet. How can I know if AC first is configured? The PV switch is ON.

I have a total of 4- 550w panels connected to it. The inverter is turning on. I forgot to mention I don't have any batteries connected to it yet. How can I know if AC first is configured? The PV switch is ON.
Didn’t address the question from two separate people about why the voltage is so low.

Parallel or series? 48.6V implies parallel

OK. Sanity check — Isolate the string from the MPPT by flipping the disconnect. Does the voltage make sense for 4S when tested with a multimeter?

Disconnect grid (BTW it must be a 120/240 connection unless all your loads are 240). Connect a tiny load like a phone charger. Does it power from PV?

Hello! We are not getting sun these days because of a hurricane passing by us, this test must be done with full sun. Each line has 120 on the load, both lines give me 240.

Theory and reality. In theory you can get the inverter to work from only solar panels. In reality the sun is rarely that cooperative. 4x550w panels should be producing at least 40v*4 = 160v when getting a modicum of sun. I'd start there. What are the NOCT parms on the panels?

There are some cheap 51.2v DC House batteries on Amazon. Get a couple of the 50a units < $1000, (799 or something). You really need SOME battery to smooth output from erratic solar input. Just set everything to keep the batteries mostly charged, open loop 54.v float.

I suggest installing a battery bank with the minimum capacity of 200Ah. The 6000XP is capable of operating solely on solar power. However, I have found that it requires disconnecting from the grid and at least 121v of PV. If the grid is present in the solar only mode, I have noticed that the loads will be bypassed to the grid. Additionally, set the PV Grid Off to "Enable" and the battery type to "No Battery."

diy solar

diy solar
Back