diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000EX-48 using Catl 302 LifePo4 16s X2 and trying to find a BMS?

ScottyWilde

Hey all I am have a EG4 6000EX-48 and going to be using Catl 302 LifePo4 setup in 16s X2 and trying to find a BMS that will communicate with EG4 and be plug and play.
Has anyone done this yet? Will the Inverter communicate with any BMS? I will start using only 1 6000EX. Thanks for your help!

I cannot answer your question directly, the state of the industry seems to change almost daily. Why do you want/need inverter-BMS communication?
Based on numerous forum posts, Inverter-BMS communications between different branded components is still a work in progress and can be problematic. Other than the convenience of having both the inverter and BMS data and menus available on a single app there is really not much overlap in the function of each device. Most DIY'ers are primarily interested in having the SoC values from the BMS available to use as trigger points but it turns out the SoC data from most BMS products is not super accurate anyway.
My point here is not to try and talk you out of something you want but perhaps save you some time and aggravation if it turns out you really don't need it anyway.

I cannot answer your question directly, the state of the industry seems to change almost daily. Why do you want/need inverter-BMS communication?
Based on numerous forum posts, Inverter-BMS communications between different branded components is still a work in progress and can be problematic. Other than the convenience of having both the inverter and BMS data and menus available on a single app there is really not much overlap in the function of each device. Most DIY'ers are primarily interested in having the SoC values from the BMS available to use as trigger points but it turns out the SoC data from most BMS products is not super accurate anyway.
My point here is not to try and talk you out of something you want but perhaps save you some time and aggravation if it turns out you really don't need it anyway.
Thank you for your response. Kinda my general thinking about all that I have seen. Short of paying top dollar for branded "Kits"

Back