diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000ex Incorrect Voltage

azweb76

I have an EG4 6000EX charge controller. While configuring my Tesla charger, it said L1 was 115v and L2 was 133v. The charge controller says ~120v on each leg. My multimeter matched what the Tesla charger said. I think the voltage on the charger controller is incorrect and I worry it might send too high voltage to my EVs. Anybody else run into this?

I have an EG4 6000EX charge controller. While configuring my Tesla charger, it said L1 was 115v and L2 was 133v. The charge controller says ~120v on each leg. My multimeter matched what the Tesla charger said. I think the voltage on the charger controller is incorrect and I worry it might send too high voltage to my EVs. Anybody else run into this?
Could be normal, less resistance on one side but it might be worth calling in and troubleshooting with us to be sure! Call queue is empty!

Since both lines total 248 volts, this falls within the +/- 5% tolerance specified in the manual for 120/240 volts. Therefore, there shouldn't be any cause for concern.

Attachments

• EG4-6000EX-48HV-Specification-Sheet.pdf
    627.8 KB · Views: 1
Since both lines total 248 volts, this falls within the +/- 5% tolerance specified in the manual for 120/240 volts. Therefore, there shouldn't be any cause for concern.
Seriously?
120 x 5% = 6. 114V - 126V...

I wonder what the Hz and THD are when they are seeing 115VAC and 133VAC.
Did you also verify with a DMM and check voltage between N and G?

Sounds like cherry picking BS to me.

(133-120)/120 = 11%

Something is not right, and it feels like Signature Solar is a little too ready to just dismiss issues with flippant responses.

Yeah, I'm being a bit of a dick.

EG4/Signature Solar has likely benefited greatly from the presence of this site and Will's focus on your products. I really think a greater level of support is warranted.

@SignatureSolarJess usually starts out really well with an expression of concern and encouragement to contact support directly. This is the first time I've seen her "troubleshoot," and I would discourage her from doing so unless she has a strong technical background.

It's definitely a "from the book" answer but I'd appreciate getting a more detailed picture of the situation with photos of the readings, the firmware version, wiring and maybe even a short video demonstrating the EV charging process. This way, we can ensure everything is functioning as expected.

It's definitely a "from the book" answer but I'd appreciate getting a more detailed picture of the situation with photos of the readings, the firmware version, wiring and maybe even a short video demonstrating the EV charging process. This way, we can ensure everything is functioning as expected.

THAT would have been perceived as a very supportive response compared to a simple dismissal that "it's in tolerance. No problem."

Kudos to you for not being kinda a dick back! :)

Back