diy solar

diy solar

eg4 6000xp and multiple solar panels question.

liljestrand

So I have a step van that I will be utilizing an eg4 6000xp in. Signiture solar had a sale on panels that i picked up but needed to order min 10. I can fit 6 of them on the roof covering the whole roof. I was thinking of making sliders so that i could mount the other 4 beneath the first 6 and slide them out when parked if needed.

The panels are 400 watt hyperion panels. but they are bifacial and can do upwards of 500 if utilized that way. The 6000xp will take up to 4000 watts into each side of the mppt.

So my main questions are as follows.
Can I seperate the two sections of panels (ie 6 always showing, then the 4 in the slide out panels) the main difference would be the voc between the two strands. one would be 222.42v and the other would be 148.28v. Would that cause any problems? Or am i just better off just using the 6 panels and selling off the other 4.

So I have a step van that I will be utilizing an eg4 6000xp in. Signiture solar had a sale on panels that i picked up but needed to order min 10. I can fit 6 of them on the roof covering the whole roof. I was thinking of making sliders so that i could mount the other 4 beneath the first 6 and slide them out when parked if needed.

The panels are 400 watt hyperion panels. but they are bifacial and can do upwards of 500 if utilized that way. The 6000xp will take up to 4000 watts into each side of the mppt.

So my main questions are as follows.
Can I seperate the two sections of panels (ie 6 always showing, then the 4 in the slide out panels) the main difference would be the voc between the two strands. one would be 222.42v and the other would be 148.28v. Would that cause any problems? Or am i just better off just using the 6 panels and selling off the other 4.

While possible, utilizing only 4 panels would bring them very close to the minimum operational range of 120V. Consequently, they may not perform as expected during periods of minimal sunlight.

Attachments

• EG4-6000XP-Inverter-Spec-Sheet (1).pdf
    172.4 KB · Views: 4
While possible, utilizing only 4 panels would bring them very close to the minimum operational range of 120V. Consequently, they may not perform as expected during periods of minimal sunlight.
Thanks for your reply. I totally spaced that. So I'm prolly better off just not using those then. Thanks.

Back