diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000XP - Charging 55 watts when on Grid (bypass)

jeremyee

Has anyone seen the EG4 6000XP start charging 55 watts off grid power when failed from battery to grid (bypass) due to SOC? The failing from battery to Grid works but I saw the inverter start charging when in bypass mode.

Victron Shunt
1703779957237.png1703779856369.png1703780182315.png

Check the following settings to enable or disable the low amp grid assist battery charging. You must use the phone app verify the Battery ECO setting.

The following two settings must be properly set:
- Battery Eco = Enabled
- On Grid EOD = higher voltage/SOC% than current battery voltage/SOC

If the On Grid EOD voltage/SOC is below the current battery voltage/SOC, the inverter will add that small amount of AC charging (even when AC charging is disabled). If the setting is higher than current battery voltage it will not AC charge. If Battery ECO is disabled, On Grid EOD will have no effect on AC charging.

I changed the below value. Lets see what happens. Funny enough last night the inverter never failed to grid and I had to mess with the settings to get it to fail over to grid at 5% SOC.

- Battery Eco = Enabled

Fail to Grid Failed!!!!
1703871220083.png

The fix for the 55 watts of AC to battery charging was to enable the "Battery ECO Enable" setting.

Goal: Have the inverter run off battery until the battery SOC = 20% and then fail over to grid bypass. After the battery has been charged to > 40% fail from grid bypass to battery.

Where is the SOC to fail from grid back to battery? Looks like the manual states "the inverter will remain in bypass until the battery is being charged again".

Working settings
ECO Mode - enabled
--This is needed to fail from battery to Grid Bypass
A/C Charge - Disabled
--Required for battery to grid bypass failover
On-Grid EOD-SOC% = 20
-- fails from battery to Grid when battery SOC% is at 20% or less (not sure if it's = to or less than)

Back