diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500EX placement

TJOPT

Good evening …

I am hopeful there is help here on the forum. I am building a 1500sf home that will be off grid. My plans include two 6500EX inverters. It is my anticipation that this will power the home with 30-45kw battery rack. The question I have is regarding the placement of the inverters for 2 reasons. I can put them in my utility/laundry room/walk in closet that is off the bedroom or I can put them in the attached garage.

1) is the sound excessive? I saw 70 db somewhere in the forum. Does anyone have experience with the sound being close to a bedroom?

2) is the heat output excessive for a 12x12 room?

Please tell what I am overlooking

Thank you!

I have 2 in an outside shed. As for noise, when they ramp up putting out or bringing in power they are pretty loud. I would not want them near my bedroom. As far as heat in my 8x10 shed I installed an 8k btu window ac. I turn it on in the hottest times of the day keep around 90f. My system has been working very good since February. I’m completely off grid.

Last edited:
Good evening …

I am hopeful there is help here on the forum. I am building a 1500sf home that will be off grid. My plans include two 6500EX inverters. It is my anticipation that this will power the home with 30-45kw battery rack. The question I have is regarding the placement of the inverters for 2 reasons. I can put them in my utility/laundry room/walk in closet that is off the bedroom or I can put them in the attached garage.

1) is the sound excessive? I saw 70 db somewhere in the forum. Does anyone have experience with the sound being close to a bedroom?

Thank you!
Battery banks are kWh, not kW.
Big difference. Remember the terminology to help with system design.

I have the exact setup you described installed in my utility room which measures 17’x14’. I don’t have A/C as I’m in southern Vermont in the mountains. The only time the room gets warm is when I need to charge my battery rack via the EG4 ChargeVerter. That things puts out some heat but it’s only on consecutive cloudy/snowy days. As for noise again only noisy when using the ChargeVerter. Otherwise I don’t hear the inverters once the door to utility room is closed. My utility room doubles as my work from home office and I’m on video calls all the time without issue. All of that said I have solid wood doors and Safe & Sound Insulation in the interior walls of the utility room.

Good evening …

Thank you!
Garage

Sound would be excessive inside of your house. A separate shop for sure. I have one 6500ex in my garage and it gets kinda noisy when generating PV. Usually about 4kw input during the day.

Back