diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 app sucks

Solar Assistant is generally what people are using to feed data to Home Assistant. Since Solar Assistant does work with EG4 products, the answer is yes (as long as you have solar assistant as well).
True. I just didn't want to pay the price for solar assistant if i didn't have to. lol. Some inverters have integrations that work with home assistant anyways. I am not sure if that isn't the case for EG4 because luxpower is making the inverters so I would think that EG4 would be dependent on them releasing some info maybe to make an integration work with home assistant.

I am not sure if that isn't the case for EG4 because luxpower is making the inverters so I would think that EG4 would be dependent on them releasing some info maybe to make an integration work with home assistant.
For clarity to future readers the inverter in question, EG4 3k, is not made by Luxpower.
Currently Lux is making the 6000XP and 18kPV for EG4.
I'm not certain on the 3k oem.

If any of my info is incorrect please let me know so I can correct it.

For clarity to future readers the inverter in question, EG4 3k, is not made by Luxpower.
Currently Lux is making the 6000XP and 18kPV for EG4.
I'm not certain on the 3k oem.

If any of my info is incorrect please let me know so I can correct it.
I apologize if I got the information wrong.

I apologize if I got the information wrong.
No need to apologize, just wanted to clarify to help others in the future.

I struggled with the crappy software on a similar inverter years ago when I started my solar journey, it was very frustrating. I bought the SA license and never looked back.

No need to apologize, just wanted to clarify to help others in the future.

I struggled with the crappy software on a similar inverter years ago when I started my solar journey, it was very frustrating. I bought the SA license and never looked back.
ok. yeah. Thanks. Is that license lifetime and for multiple installs? I probably should read their terms

ok. yeah. Thanks. Is that license lifetime and for multiple installs? I probably should read their terms
Lifetime on a single pi. You can transfer to new pi.
I use it to communicate with my AIO and batteries.
It was a game changer for me.

AFAICT Solar Assistant works with EG4 hardware, but EG4 hasn’t qualified it yet and is understandably reluctant to do so, as SA can make changes to operating parameters.

Two hours down the drain is no joke. It's great that you found success with the Vitron system instead. Sometimes simplicity wins out over fancy features.

AFAICT Solar Assistant works with EG4 hardware, but EG4 hasn’t qualified it yet and is understandably reluctant to do so, as SA can make changes to operating parameters.
i'm not sure what the reluctance would be on that - if there is any. I talk to people in other forums who are far more tech savvy than me and they make it sound like its not complicated to make things like this work with open source software in general. I don't know.

i'm not sure what the reluctance would be on that
If a bug in SA causes a change in a complicated setup (battery charging voltages or grid-tie limits or operating frequency, something that causes more than an inconvenience, something that causes damage) the customer is going to blame EG4 or make a warranty claim. Look how hard it is to get UL9540 across different vendors, you think integration across software vendors is easy? Who would you have pay for the testing and integration?

SA is really nice, and incorporates OSS but is not OSS itself, as it’s a commercial venture.

Can you send me screenshots of this not connecting and I will look into this.
Sorry not posted sooner. Just saw this post.
Screenshots attached. The first one shows the phone recognizing the bluetooth signal from the battery (first entry in the list)
The other two show the app not finding a connection.Screenshot_20240326-162549.pngScreenshot_20240326-162715.pngScreenshot_20240326-162741.png

Back