diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Chargeverter Battery/Inverter Communications

EG4 is not a protocol. as I investigate, it might be plain ol' Pylon.
EG4 uses the Narada/Shinwa protocol which in some of their devices for protocol selection they call EG4.
The single big difference in their HexAscii format is the they use 0x4A for CID1 where most others use 0x46.

I don't have the new Charge-Inverter but I am guessing since (for at least the LifePower4) the RS485 port needs to use pins 1&2 on the battery as these are the pins connected to an inverter, which would be why you can't have the inverter and Charge-Inverter talking to the batteries at the same time.

The Charge-Inverter may use an undocumented "Get Analog Data" command which is what the most recent Solar Assistant uses or it uses the documented 0x42 (Get Analog Data) and 0x44 (Get Alarm Info) commands

EG4 uses the Narada/Shinwa protocol which in some of their devices for protocol selection they call EG4.
The single big difference in their HexAscii format is the they use 0x4A for CID1 where most others use 0x46.

I don't have the new Charge-Inverter but I am guessing since (for at least the LifePower4) the RS485 port needs to use pins 1&2 on the battery as these are the pins connected to an inverter, which would be why you can't have the inverter and Charge-Inverter talking to the batteries at the same time.

The Charge-Inverter may use an undocumented "Get Analog Data" command which is what the most recent Solar Assistant uses or it uses the documented 0x42 (Get Analog Data) and 0x44 (Get Alarm Info) commands
Thank you Sir.

diy solar

diy solar
Back