diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Communication Hub with EG4 Inverter 6000EX

norcom

I wanted something to see the battery data without the need for a laptop or booting the Pi with Solar Assistant. So I decided to pick up the EG4 Communication Hub. Just spent a few hours trying to figure this out. EG4 manual is worthless. The last time I contacted EG4 and SignatureSolar about another issue I never even received a response. Thankfully after hitting a bunch of dead ends, Jhovan33 on youtube comments saved the day!

For anyone else that may be trying to search this forum on getting the communication hub to work with an EG4 6000EX inverter:

1. Upgrade the battery firmware (already had that done and the inverter f/w)
2. Set the hub dip switch R1 down (I have 3 batteries; not sure if that matters. Manual explains diddly squat about these switches)
3. Set the baud rate to 19200 in the Communication Hub menu
4. Make sure the battery dip switches address starts with 1 and not 0
5. Cable from EG4 6000EX Display "Battery Port" goes to Communication Hub RS486-3 port (THIS CABLE IS THE EG4 battery cable RJ45 pins [1,2] - RJ45 pins [3,5])
6. Cable from EG4 Communication Hub RS485-1 goes to First LifePower4 Battery (THIS CABLE IS STANDARD ETHERNET)

After doing the above, the hub saw the batteries and the inverter saw the hub and batteries.

Back