diy solar

diy solar

EG4 communications hub issue

Farm Boy

Solar Enthusiast
So I have the eg4 communications hub. I added a fuse holder to the red lead for safety. I hooked it up to Life Power eg4 batteries and a Growatt 6k LF inverter. Turned it on with the cd in it's place as instructions said to do. It worked right away with out doing any thing. The next day, my batteries were all dead, the alarm was sounding off on the inverter and the power went out. Never ever had issues with my system doing this before. The hub was also dead. So I unhooked the hub, turned on ac to charge my batteries and after they were charged enough I started using the system again. After a few days, I hooked the hub up again. The light turns on and off and display will say "system initiating". So I took the CD card out of the hub and turned it back on. It works fine again with out the card in place even though it now says "please insert CD card ! " But that is the only way it works now. Any one else had that issue?

The light turns on and off and display will say "system initiating". So I took the CD card out of the hub and turned it back on. It works fine again with out the card in place even though it now says "please insert CD card ! "
I have the same issue, but without the dead battery first. I have not spent any time trying to figure it out as of yet, but am interested in what you find. If I find anything out I will post it here.

In the bottom right corner it shows the version, my device arrived in June and is showing version v1.6
I see it now, thanks. Mine says V1.5 It's still working fine with out the card in the slot. Should not need to update in order for the unit to work right with card in slot. I'm wondering if there is a problem with the card but have not investigated it.

Attachments

• Standard operating procedures for updating Lifepower4 Comm-Hub (3).pdf
    452.4 KB · Views: 14
  • V1.6-20230724T125034Z-001.zip
    70.5 KB · Views: 8
Where did these files come from if we may ask? Is there some other secret special place to check for this?
I got them from @LithiumCowboy when he responded to another thread. My assumption is he got them after calling/emailing SS support and got them direct, tho I never did ask him. The upgrade function did it's verification step successfully, and it installed successfully.

I wish I knew of the "secret special place" if there is one! I'm just super grateful for @LithiumCowboy !

HTH,
-James

I updated my hub last night to V1.6 and am no longer getting any SD card error messages. I'll record data for a few days and see if it is all working properly. (Still doesn't talk to MultiSIBControl running on the PC, but that is a different issue!)

Back