diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Lifepower issues

Redflyer

I have two 6500ex's running with 12 Boviet panels. My battery rack is a total of 10 EG4 Lifepower4 batteries.

Everything has been working great since June. I recently went on a trip and looked at my SA to see grid power applied. I've had a 120v line on both inverters, but it was never the plan for it to kick in. I couldn't understand initially what was going on, because SA said the SOC was no lower than 55%. Why would the inverters apply any grid power??

When I went deeper in the SA charts, I see it shows the battery voltage dropping to 46%. When the wife got home to review. She see's two batteries in alert mode and the other about half full on the SOC led's. I had her put everything back on the grid, so NO load.

Today we had good sun and one of the batteries came out of 'alert' mode, but one has not. I reset the circuit breaker...but it goes back into alert.

Am I headed to hooking them up to a computer for diagnosis, or what could it have been? I plan on checking all connections to make sure things are good. But for the most part, all 10 batteries were close to the same SOC when I left. But it seems something happened that changed the status quo. Battery short?

Thought?

Have you updated the firmware to n the batteries? I have the same issue after a few months a battery or two will get out of balance. I need to update firmware but have been lazy.

Maybe it's more about balancing the batteries every XX months?

Should I top them off to balance, then press on...

Back