diy solar

diy solar

EG4 LL battery communication lights not blinking

AndreasPassat

Just added my 5th EG4-LL battery the other day. This battery does NOT show the communication lights blinking on the RJ-45 ports. They don't light up at all.
The battery is charging and discharging at the same rate of the others within a couple percentage points, which seems normal as compared to the others.

How do I know or check to see if this battery is really communicating?

Discovered another issue since adding this 5th battery.
Having (5) EG4-LL batteries gives me 25kWh. Since adding this battery, the whole battery bank is down to 10% SOS in 6 hours.
How this possible when 4 batteries would last me 2 days or one night with the a/c on running all night.

Maybe this might be an issue?
The first 4 batteries are EG4-LL V2
The new battery in the 5th position is EG4-LL V4.
I'm trying to figure what I should be doing with the Firmware but I'm finding that to be a challenge.

I would recommend checking the voltage between all the batteries and making sure they are all within 0.5V of each other. Also, try rearranging the batteries and DIP switches like the picture below Using the newest model first and making sure they are all up to date with the latest firmware.
1718639896348.png

I would recommend checking the voltage between all the batteries and making sure they are all within 0.5V of each other. Also, try rearranging the batteries and DIP switches like the picture below Using the newest model first and making sure they are all up to date with the latest firmware.
View attachment 222643

Admittingly I've got the newest EG4-LL at the bottom of the rack assigned as #5 in the series.
I'll get this switched around ASAP!
Thanks!

When I got home last night I switched everything around in the rack. Newest first to oldest.
I was smart about it this time. I left the top space open for the next battery that I purchase, which should be in the next month or two.

This is obviously better than before. I let the a/c chug along all through the night. Solar power dropped off around 6:30 last night and as I'm typing this I still have 45% SOS.

I still have to check the firmware on the batteries to make sure they are all up to date.

Still have a question about that.
Is this the proper cable to use?

Screenshot 2024-06-18 061931.jpg

Screenshot 2024-06-18 061901.jpg

diy solar

diy solar
Back