diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 3000 ES EG4 LL V2 communications

watchdoc

Solar Enthusiast
So my LifePower4 battery had some issues so I sent it back under warranty and upgraded to the EG4 LL V2 battery. Thank you to Sig Solar and EG4.

I had no issues with communications with the LifePower4 battery but when I hooked up the LL V2 battery, the Growatt still showed Voltage instead of Percentage (but no errors). This led me to believe they were not communicating. I reviewed all the settings, ports, protocals, etc and finally gave up and called SS tech support. They reviewed all the stuff I had already reviewed and couldn't figure it out either. Their final idea was to downgrade the firmware but I decided against that.

So in summary, the EG4 LL V2 seems to communicate just fine with the Growatt 3000-ES, it just displays voltage instead of percentage. The online server displays percentage correctly and the battery itself displays percentage. The "switch to AC" and "back to battery" percentage settings still work fine. I guess it's just a glitch.

I'm using the RS485 output on the EG4 battery and the BMS input on the Growatt.
"Li" setting on Growatt with Protocal set to "01" just like the LifePower4 battery
EG4 RS485 communications port set to Growatt

Back