diy solar

diy solar

New EG4-LL 24V V2 batteries, look like V1?

vegansbane

I ordered a new EG4-LL 24V V2 battery, to add to my existing V2's. Attached is a photo of what arrived, from Signature Solar.

This appears to be a V1 battery to me, however the vendor is insistent that this is actually a V2, and that EG4 has updated the V2 to look this way, though the new appearance isn't reflected on their website yet.

Am I getting fleeced? Why would EG4 "update" their V2 front panel layout to match the older version of their battery? This seems like a strange decision, from a branding perspective, and reduces the pos/neg terminals from 2 each back to 1.

My chief concern is a lack of the built in fire suppression which is present in the V2, but I don't believe was a feature on the V1 - that, and not overpaying for old stock, of course.

Any advice is welcome!

Attachments

• PXL_20240220_161417257.jpg
    PXL_20240220_161417257.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 22
I ordered a new EG4-LL 24V V2 battery, to add to my existing V2's. Attached is a photo of what arrived, from Signature Solar.

This appears to be a V1 battery to me, however the vendor is insistent that this is actually a V2, and that EG4 has updated the V2 to look this way, though the new appearance isn't reflected on their website yet.

Am I getting fleeced? Why would EG4 "update" their V2 front panel layout to match the older version of their battery? This seems like a strange decision, from a branding perspective, and reduces the pos/neg terminals from 2 each back to 1.

My chief concern is a lack of the built in fire suppression which is present in the V2, but I don't believe was a feature on the V1 - that, and not overpaying for old stock, of course.

Any advice is welcome!
Certainly something worth figuring out. I’ve never done it, but it should be easy enough to open the top cover and see if the fire suppression packs are there - I believe they’re integrated into the underside of the top cover. Still - you certainly need to know what product you actually received 😎

Certainly something worth figuring out. I’ve never done it, but it should be easy enough to open the top cover and see if the fire suppression packs are there - I believe they’re integrated into the underside of the top cover. Still - you certainly need to know what product you actually received 😎
Yeah, agreed, but with this being a maybe-I-am-getting-ripped-off-and-may-need-to-involve-my-bank scenario, I don't want to open the chassis yet. If EG4 tells me it's legitimately the newest revision (which would be weird), I'll definitely open the lid and look to make 100% sure I'm not being tricked.

Any advice is welcome!

The EG4-LL 24V V2 battery has been updated to this style, however, we did not expect them to be shipped out before our documentation was corrected. Our documentation should be changed to reflect this new version soon.

The EG4-LL 24V V2 battery has been updated to this style, however, we did not expect them to be shipped out before our documentation was corrected. Our documentation should be changed to reflect this new version soon.
Cool, thank you Jared! I appreciate the confirmation. It came as a big surprise.

Do these still have the fire suppression inside?

Cool, thank you Jared! I appreciate the confirmation. It came as a big surprise.

Do these still have the fire suppression inside?

To the best of my knowledge, the only modification made was to the front plate. If I come across any additional information, I'll be sure to update the thread.

To the best of my knowledge, the only modification made was to the front plate. If I come across any additional information, I'll be sure to update the thread.
Awesome, thank you!

I suppose I'll have to open the chassis to confirm.

Back