diy solar

diy solar

Help with EG4 LL V2 and EG4 LL-S batteries

crzykidd

I have 3 EG4-LL V2 48v (Order #92709) that have been working great.

I just installed 2 EG4-LL-S 48v batteries (Order #119431)

I have been using Solar Assistant and have had no issues. With Solar Assistant connected or not I now get an alarm on the 2 new batteries when I connect RJ45s together.

So current config by dip switch
Battery 2 - EG4-LL-S (V4)
Battery 3 - EG4-LL-S (V4)
Battery 5 - EG4-LL V2
Battery 6 - EG4-LL V2
Battery 7 - EG4-LL V2

If I just have Battery 2 and 3 connected to RJ4 splitter they work fine. As soon as I connect Battery 5, 6, or 7 into the RJ45 splitter both batther 2 and 3 go into alarm mode.

I was thinking I needed to upgrade firmware, but I'm not actually sure what file to use since they all only mention the EG4 18K comms.

Anyone have any suggestions or know what firmware I should use.

I have 3 EG4-LL V2 48v (Order #92709) that have been working great.

I just installed 2 EG4-LL-S 48v batteries (Order #119431)

I have been using Solar Assistant and have had no issues. With Solar Assistant connected or not I now get an alarm on the 2 new batteries when I connect RJ45s together.

So current config by dip switch
Battery 2 - EG4-LL-S (V4)
Battery 3 - EG4-LL-S (V4)
Battery 5 - EG4-LL V2
Battery 6 - EG4-LL V2
Battery 7 - EG4-LL V2

If I just have Battery 2 and 3 connected to RJ4 splitter they work fine. As soon as I connect Battery 5, 6, or 7 into the RJ45 splitter both batther 2 and 3 go into alarm mode.

I was thinking I needed to upgrade firmware, but I'm not actually sure what file to use since they all only mention the EG4 18K comms.

Anyone have any suggestions or know what firmware I should use.

A firmware update for the LL-S would be needed. Alternatively, you could pinout the connection from the LL-S to LL V2 by removing pin 6 from the ethernet jumper.

A firmware update for the LL-S would be needed. Alternatively, you could pinout the connection from the LL-S to LL V2 by removing pin 6 from the ethernet jumper.
How do I set the battery to ID 0? The docs show 1-64 with the DIP switches, but the upgrade directions stateL:
"Set the battery's dip switch ID you are updating to ID:0"

so all 5 batteries are now on Z02T18 as this appears to be the latest from downloads. However as soon as I connect the battery coms the 2 new ones still go to immediate error.

From the LL-S to LL V2, I would remove pin 6 from the ethernet jumper to see if the alarm does not reoccur. If this is the case, I can send over the multipack firmware for these batteries in a DM.

From the LL-S to LL V2, I would remove pin 6 from the ethernet jumper to see if the alarm does not reoccur. If this is the case, I can send over the multipack firmware for these batteries in a DM.
This did indeed solve it. I made cables with just pins 1-5 and this problem went away.

Hey guys! I have EG4 ll batteries from solar sovereign. One of them is showing below from bms tools. Solar sovereign is a long way out from getting back to me, but thought I'd see if anyone has seen this before?
1000046521.jpg

Has the BMS Tools download been extracted from the zip file?
Hi Jared, can you confirm that Z02T18 is still the latest firmware for my LL V2s? On the EG4 monitor page it says my 6 batteries are at v2.18. I recently saw a changelog spreadsheet that showed there was a v2.19 but that may have been for the Lifepowers.

Also, it would be fantastic if the FW version was included in the download folder name from the EG4 website. Would be able to tell at a glance if the firmware has been updated.

Back